• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St. John, USVI

mmedeac

Reaction score
Planning a winter vacation. Expect to be renting a villa, possibly in Coral Bay area. Who's been there? Thanks!

Both my sister and I went on own honeymoons to St. John

My sister and her husband went the Caneel Bay, resort, route and had a great time - everything was included and made outings easy to plan. They had a great time

We rented a house between cruz bay and chocolate hole on our own and did own own thing. We went to the grocery and grilled out most nights (went to a restaurant a few nights). We spent a lot of our time hiking in the national park areas of St. John. We did a day trip to the BVI which included the baths, Jost Van Dyke (which is amazing), Marina Cay, and snorkeling off of Tortola. We rented kayaks for a day and paddled around St john and some of the smaller islands around it.

Caneel Bay is a great place................

Coral Bay is awesome. It's REALLY laid-back. A villa is a great way to go if you want privacy. Donkey Diner, Aqua Bistro and Skinny Legs are good restaurants on that side of the island. There are a couple more over there. I just can't remember their names right now.

one of the best places in the world

I've rented a villa in Coral Bay a couple of times. It is great and I can't wait to go back. Keep in mind that you will probably need a rental car and they book up quickly during the high season. Coral Bay is a little slower and doesn't have as much to do as Cruz Bay. However, that didn't seem to bother me as I was sitting in the hot tub on the deck of our house sipping rum drinks while watching the moon rise over Tortola.

Back