• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St.Kitts

I have not, but my neighbors have and loved it. A friend of mine is also a dual citizen of the US and SKN, and she loves the islands. Very friendly people.
...so, I can't offer specific recommendations, but can give the endorsement that it's wonderful on behalf of people who've been.

I went about 9 years ago and stayed at the Marriott St. Kitts Resort right after it opened (we were in one of the Garden house suites). We had a great time and there was a lot to see (like Brimstone Hill and old sugar plantations and stuff) and the beaches were great, from what I remember.

I think that of the two islands (St. Kitts and Nevis), Nevis gets more recognition as a resort island but that's due, in part, to the Four Seasons resort. I've never been to Nevis but my parents have and they said it was terrific.

I stayed there for a couple days while sailing in the area. We took the train around the island, ate lunch at a sugar cane plantation, and did some relaxing on the beachs. We ate dinner both nights on the boat, none of the resturants really looked that great. However if you take the ferry down to Nevis there is a really great seafood shack right on the beach. We ordered a dozen loberster tails, and they came out with two small mountains of tails because they had to get rid of everything they cooked that night. I cant remember what the place was called but its on the east side of the island south of the four seasons resort. We had a great time but there wasn't really much going on, and you could easily knock out everything there is to do in a few days.

Personally I would recommend other islands in the area. St. Bart's is Probably the best combination of quiet beaches, shopping, culture, dinning, and night life. St. Martin is good if your looking for a more fast paced experience, lots of nightlife, shopping, and people. The french side of the island is also full of great resturants. I have heard Antigua is suppose to be really nice in the winter months. I went in the summer and it was dead.

I went to St. Kitts on a mission trip. There are 4 Moravian churches on the island. It is beautiful.

My wife wanted to see one of the wild monkeys. One afternoon, a monkey climbed on the fence of the house where we were staying. I went to get my wife, but by the time she got to the window, the monkey was gone. She still doesn't believe it was there.

Wife and I honeymooned on St. Kitts and had a great time. As someone else posted, we stayed at the Marriott resort there and it was pretty nice. Beach access, several pools, a few different dining options. Not exactly a prime location for exploring the island, but it was a short and relatively cheap cab ride to get anywhere we wanted to go. Did the train tour around the island, visited Monkey Beach, wandered around downtown Basseterre for an afternoon, even caught a World Cup qualifying match between St. Kitts and Trinidad & Tobago. Drank a lot of shitty local beer (I believe it was Carib) and had the resort pretty much to ourselves because we visited during hurricane season. The local people there are super friendly and the whole island has a pretty chill vibe. I gave one of the bellhops a sweet tip one night when he literally ran down the street to buy us a bottle of rum after we cleared out our minibar. He seemed genuinely surprised when I tried to tip him. All in all it was a cool place.

Wife and I honeymooned on St. Kitts and had a great time. As someone else posted, we stayed at the Marriott resort there and it was pretty nice. Beach access, several pools, a few different dining options. Not exactly a prime location for exploring the island, but it was a short and relatively cheap cab ride to get anywhere we wanted to go. Did the train tour around the island, visited Monkey Beach, wandered around downtown Basseterre for an afternoon, even caught a World Cup qualifying match between St. Kitts and Trinidad & Tobago. Drank a lot of shitty local beer (I believe it was Carib) and had the resort pretty much to ourselves because we visited during hurricane season. The local people there are super friendly and the whole island has a pretty chill vibe. I gave one of the bellhops a sweet tip one night when he literally ran down the street to buy us a bottle of rum after we cleared out our minibar. He seemed genuinely surprised when I tried to tip him. All in all it was a cool place.

Carib is the shit

Back