• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stages of Hating Bzz.

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Day one: why are we hiring this loser?
Year two: he has made no attempt to connect with Wake fans and is blaming Dino for everything. Fully espousing Wellman's bullshit.
Year three: he has run off players in the name of culture change for two years with nothing to show for it.
Year four: having demoralized an entire fan base he tells us we should be proud because we have a winning record (all fourteen wins to date).

I'm done. No season tickets. No Deacon Club. I'll watch us on television from time to time but really... what is the point? We're not trying to put a great team on the court anymore. That died with Dino (really, Skip, but Dino at least tried to keep it rolling). It's all marketing, money and window dressing at this point.

Fuck.

I stopped the Deacon Club contributions last year and haven't even thought about it or missed it, to be honest.

Until Wake Forest truly becomes serious about competing in major college sports, hires a competent AD and at least attempts to connect with fans and alumni, I doubt I ever renew my contributions.

Sad times for WFU sports.

The DC will have lost a generation of donors, myself included. I went from a PSL holder to not even giving $125/year. And that $125/year is much better spent at the Angus Barn. Maybe when Wellman retires I'll start giving again, but maybe not.

Other than the 2 or so rows behind the bench there were single digit Wake fans in the Dean Dome Saturday

Day one: why are we hiring this loser?
Year two: he has made no attempt to connect with Wake fans and is blaming Dino for everything. Fully espousing Wellman's bullshit.
Year three: he has run off players in the name of culture change for two years with nothing to show for it.
Year four: having demoralized an entire fan base he tells us we should be proud because we have a winning record (all fourteen wins to date).

I'm done. No season tickets. No Deacon Club. I'll watch us on television from time to time but really... what is the point? We're not trying to put a great team on the court anymore. That died with Dino (really, Skip, but Dino at least tried to keep it rolling). It's all marketing, money and window dressing at this point.

Fuck.

Welcome to where most of us were after year 2.

I'm more or less apathetic at this point concerning the games, but at the same time, I still utterly despise the site of Bz.

I never really had a denial stage
Had my anger stage for sure
Don't think I ever had a bargaining stage
Had some more anger stages... which I'll just call depression. Sure.
And now I am comfortably in acceptance and just laugh at the results.

I can't hate Bz any more. He is what he is, a career loser who had a winning lottery ticket waived in his face by our buffoon of an athletic director. My hatred for Wellman grows every day that Bz is still here.

I can't hate Bz any more. He is what he is, a career loser who had a winning lottery ticket waived in his face by our buffoon of an athletic director. My hatred for Wellman grows every day that Bz is still here.
http://onthejon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[Redacted].jpg

It truly saddens me that there's an entire class of students that will graduate Wake without experiencing anything other than Bz ball. Meanwhile, I had four years of Skip, which included Howard's last two seasons and both of CP3's. Not fair.

I felt pretty fortunate that my three years in law school coincided with the Howard-Paul-Paul years. All except for the NCAA tournament flameouts in '03 and '05, that is (and we should have beaten St. Joe's in '04, too).

It truly saddens me that there's an entire class of students that will graduate Wake without experiencing anything other than Bz ball. Meanwhile, I had four years of Skip, which included Howard's last two seasons and both of CP3's. Not fair.

Plus you had Grobe during his lead up to the Orange Bowl.

You experienced the Glory Years.

Started with Staak and ACC losing streak....ended with Rodney!

Started in Winston-Salem Colliseum ended in the Jo.

Started with elm trees in the quad ended with midget trees.

Started with societies ended with sororities.

Started a Math major ended with philosophy.

Started hating Duke ended hating Duke.

Wellman is where the hatred should be directed...It all lands on his lap!

If Don Flow ran his business like Ron Wellman has led Wake; he would be in bankruptcy by now...

Started with Staak and ACC losing streak....ended with Rodney!

Started in Winston-Salem Colliseum ended in the Jo.

Started with elm trees in the quad ended with midget trees.

Started with societies ended with sororities.

Started a Math major ended with philosophy.

Started hating Duke ended hating Duke.

I think we were there same time

86-90

When were you at Casa Artom?

Back