• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

Wow. Usually the Sunday night estimates hold. That would likely put it over Jurassic World internationally.

SC DEAC, could you post on the Spoiler thread how you kids liked it? I think it's too much for my 6 and 3 year olds.

Can't see it until the week after Christmas.

Was talking to a friend who had seen it to make sure it's ok for my son with the PG-13 rating, and his son comes up, hears what we're talking about and says, "I saw Star Wars, it was good, [insert major spoiler here]"

Can't see it until the week after Christmas.

Was talking to a friend who had seen it to make sure it's ok for my son with the PG-13 rating, and his son comes up, hears what we're talking about and says, "I saw Star Wars, it was good, [insert major spoiler here]"

did your friend smack him across the face? because star wars spoilers would make me re-consider my stance on corporal punishment.

Technically yes, but he'll be 6 in like a week. At that age that is a big difference from a kid who just turned 5.

my almost-8 year old daughter saw it and did fine. 2&2 is right, for any age under probably 12 or 13, there is a big difference between "just turned x" and "almost x+1". My son is 10 1/2, it's just starting to level out a little now.

my almost-8 year old daughter saw it and did fine. 2&2 is right, for any age under probably 12 or 13, there is a big difference between "just turned x" and "almost x+1". My son is 10 1/2, it's just starting to level out a little now.

So your 7 year old?

Avoided spoilers this entire time and now I finally get to see it at 1 at The Grand. So pumped.

No problem. I guess we'll have this discussion here anyway.

Here are my rankings:
V
IV
VII
VI
III
II
I

Seeing the Phantom Edit reminded me of all the horrible Padme-Anakin scenes in Episode II.

I'd go:
V
IV
III
VII
VI
I
II

Records continue to fall: Fastest Movie to top $1 Billion. And it still hasn't opened in China. While the franchise isn't as well known in China, they did release each of the first six movies during the last year and have reportedly been promoting this movie like crazy. Experts are now predicting it will top Avatar's record of $760 million domestically (currently at $544 million) and you have to think Avatar's $2.7 billion worldwide is within reach. It is already the 15th highest grossing movie of all-time.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens video game coming out on June 28.

The Force Awakens Delete Scenes Teaser. Digital HD on April 1. Blu-Ray on April 5.

Fresh off the presses, Disney Channel has just announced their next Star Wars animated series. Production has begun on the anime-inspired Star Wars: Resistance, which is Disney’s follow-up to the just-completed (after a robust four-season run) Star Wars: Rebels. While that Disney XD toon centered upon a band or scrappy rebels who eventually became a part of the Rebellion just before the events of A New Hope, this time around it’ll be… well, essentially the same idea.

This show will deal with the events leading up to The Force Awakens. The show will be about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited to spy on the growing First Order. It’s allegedly inspired by creator Dave Filoni’s (The Clone Wars and Rebels) interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots. That’s fitting enough as the original Star Wars and its climatic Death Star run was inspired by World War II aerial dogfights.

Oh, and it’ll feature occasional appearances by Poe Dameron (voiced by Oscar Isaac), Captain Phasma (voiced by Gwendoline Christie). Oh (again), BB-8 will be heavily involved as well. Like Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (both of which were excellent and enriched the Star Wars movies), Resistance will essentially tell stories in between major movies, offering untold looks at before/after famous events in the Star Wars universe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...a-new-star-wars-animated-series/#7e372cea79ac

Fresh off the presses, Disney Channel has just announced their next Star Wars animated series. Production has begun on the anime-inspired Star Wars: Resistance, which is Disney’s follow-up to the just-completed (after a robust four-season run) Star Wars: Rebels. While that Disney XD toon centered upon a band or scrappy rebels who eventually became a part of the Rebellion just before the events of A New Hope, this time around it’ll be… well, essentially the same idea.

This show will deal with the events leading up to The Force Awakens. The show will be about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited to spy on the growing First Order. It’s allegedly inspired by creator Dave Filoni’s (The Clone Wars and Rebels) interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots. That’s fitting enough as the original Star Wars and its climatic Death Star run was inspired by World War II aerial dogfights.

Oh, and it’ll feature occasional appearances by Poe Dameron (voiced by Oscar Isaac), Captain Phasma (voiced by Gwendoline Christie). Oh (again), BB-8 will be heavily involved as well. Like Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (both of which were excellent and enriched the Star Wars movies), Resistance will essentially tell stories in between major movies, offering untold looks at before/after famous events in the Star Wars universe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...a-new-star-wars-animated-series/#7e372cea79ac

Lol. I saw this news and came straight to the Pit to see if I had beaten PhD to the punch

Back