• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Couple things about the filming.

It is Pascal's voice but he was shooting last of us so they could not show his face. Apparently they even had to drop a scene in the finale because he could not be onset to show his face. They have used two or three body doubles in the Mando suit the entire time. I did see something recently that Disney wanted to pay him voice actor scale but he said no. Would not surprise me if at some point whatever contract he has is up and they pivot to Bo katan as "the mandolorians."
The production saves a ton of money on cgi and sets because they film in a "bubble" sound stage (don't remember what they call it) and play the backgrounds and stuff all around (sides sky etc) them with small portions of real sets. Probably speeds up production time as well.
It's called the Volume. I've seen one up close and they're very impressive.

Two stunt actors do the stunt work, Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder. Presumably, Pascal acts some of the scenes and I think there are videos that try to break down when it's him vs. the stunt actors based on poses and such. Wayne and Crowder are right after Pascal in the credits.

S3 I will probably enjoy more upon rewatch in a couple years which wouldn’t have been possible with S1 or S2

Oh, the leg thing is a small pet peeve as well. It's a puppet and, presumably, they don't want to cgi his legs so they keep them covered. Looks odd but prob saves a ton of money.

That's fine-- even admirable-- that they want to go the puppet route rather than with CGI overkill, but even Yoda looked like he was walking/waddling. I mean, he was 900 years old or some shit, but it's still possible to make Grogu look like he's moving in a manner consistent with walking.

Happy May the Fourth. Two animated shows dropped today on Disney+.

Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures is a kids show featuring Yoda training younglings.

Star Wars: Visions Season 2 is the anime anthology series. I highly recommend Season 1.

Ahsoka will debut on Tuesday at 9:00 pm EST instead of Wednesday at 3:00 am EST. About time they launch shows in prime time. Two episode debut.

Haven’t watched it yet.

Want me to nerf out for a second? The two hand over the head lightsabre stance that Sabine uses is the classic style taught at the Jedi temple for dueling. The blonde apprentice doesn’t use the same stance to show that she was taught by someone who has rejected Jedi teachings.

OK. How deep into the rest of the Star Wars world do i need to be to enjoy this show?
Eh, I never watched Rebels but I did have to look some stuff up. I think if you have touched on clone wars and seen the madalorian you’re ok. Disney actually put out a list of episodes to watch before Ahsoka if you’re interested.

Also the New Republic has the worst prison transport system ever. It’s like 3 stooges level bad.

To follow the plot, you don't need to know anything, it's Star Wars after all. To fan-gasm about "OMG there's android name" you probably need to watch some other series or at the very least watch some youtube videos about "what you need to know about Ahsoka". I've opted for the latter, there's just too much I'm behind on.

Ahsoka was ok. I think Rosario Dawson is pretty good, but the cast around her pretty weak. I'm wondering how many episodes in we will have to get to have men characters who aren't shitheads.

Back