• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steam Summer Sale! (6/19 - 6/30)

Demonwolverine

Reaction score
It's finally here. Christmas in June! If you find any good deals, please post them here. An early front runner for featured deal of the summer could be Farcry 3 for $7.50.

My Steam backlog is starting to look like my DVR/Netflix backlog, Comixology too. I'm going to be very picky before buying anything.

Looks like Steam is down now anyway, I guess folks are hitting this sale hard.

I just bought the Hearts of Iron 3 collection. I've heard it's a very detailed turn-based WW2 strat and came highly recommended from someone who shares my passion for that genre. I'm not sure if that was part of the summer sale or coincidentally was on sale anyway.

I also bought Witcher 2 for $3.99 even though there's an 85% chance I'll never play it.

XCom Enemy Unknown is just $7.50 and well with worth it. I bought a couple of the XCom DLC items that I was missing.

Y'all probably know this, but friendly reminder:

Until the last day of the sale (check the countdowns on each game page), DON'T BUY A GAME UNLESS IT'S A DAILY DEAL, FLASH SALE, OR COMMUNITY CHOICE.

If a game is a daily deal, flash sale, or community choice THE PRICE WILL NOT GO LOWER. Additionally, major titles are most likely going to be all three at least once.

Hmmm. Does that mean I fucked up when I bought X-Com for $8? It's going to be like $0.45 soon?

sKyFw5F.jpg

Blue team as well. Not super excited for anything this time around, I don't think. I'd like to see a good sale on Transistor, but that just came out a few weeks ago. Couple other cheaper games on my wish list that I might pick up if the are a couple bucks or so, but I don't think it will kill me this time around. I also picked up a few cheap games on GOG at the beginning of their summer sale, so I'm probably in good shape.

If you're looking for something different you could do worse than The Stanley Parables.

I just bought the Hearts of Iron 3 collection. I've heard it's a very detailed turn-based WW2 strat and came highly recommended from someone who shares my passion for that genre. I'm not sure if that was part of the summer sale or coincidentally was on sale anyway.

I also bought Witcher 2 for $3.99 even though there's an 85% chance I'll never play it.

XCom Enemy Unknown is just $7.50 and well with worth it. I bought a couple of the XCom DLC items that I was missing.
Hearts of Iron is a great game, but it isn't turn based. The maps look turn based in style and the real time is super slow unless you speed it up (it sims literally every day).

Mostly because I play a lot of old adventure games. Even the modern adventure variety aren't that expensive if you are patient enough.

Back