• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Alford to UCLA

Anyone that can take Iowa to the NCAAs 3 times in 8 years is a perfect fit for UCLA! Wait, what?

Extensions are written in invisible ink.

I think more schools should put poison pills in for buyouts like State did.

[rj]WHY ISN'T THIS IN THE COUCHING CAROUSEL THREAD WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WHY ARE YOU DESTROYING THE BOARD [/rj]

Ok but seriously, Gary Parrish sums it up pretty well IMHO:

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 56s
Steve Alford will be fine at UCLA, I think. But I bet the school never thought it would hire a man with a 5-7 record in the NCAA Tournament.

Deal apparently worth $2.6 million per year for 7 years, with UCLA paying Alford's buyout on his current NM deal.

There's no reason for Marshall to go from Wichita to NM.

Andy Enfield? If so they need to put in a huge buyout to keep him from going to F$U in a couple of years.

What I can't believe is that there isn't one UCLA donor who can't make his plane or his company's plane available for use to the team.

Candidates to UNM? It's a great situation to be walking into.

Maybe Reggie Theus. He did well at New Mexico State. More than like likely though they'll just promote one of Alford's assistants.

Former GT player and head UNM assistant Craig Neal will definitely get a long look. He's very highly regarded.

I'm just glad they didn't hire Mr and Mrs Enfield. Maybe they will indeed be around next year so that our new AD can hire them.

Back