• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes Interview w/ Jeff Goodman - February 26, 2020 - Worth a listen

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/117-what-it-will-take-for-etsu-to-make-big-dance-w/id1403363121?i=1000466786117

It has been posted before, but I thought it was worth highlighting this episode of Jeff Goodman's podcast from a couple of months ago. It's 40+ minutes w/ Steve Forbes. If you don't know anything about him, I think it is a good introduction to his personality and experience as a basketball coach.

I know a lot of folks on here think Jeff Goodman is kind of dick (and he probably is), but it's a good interview with one of our current coaching candidates.

Perhaps not thread worthy, but I didn't want the link to get lost on the very large coaching search thread.

Great listen. He definitely wants to keep moving up the latter, and Wake would be that jump. He values hardwork, grittiness, and winning. He’s exactly what Wake needs.

Tag: forbes gave ats reacharound

Nah.

I like Matta and Forbes, but I’m not against some of the other names we’ve heard.

If there were a similar 30+ minute interview with Wes Miller, I’d want to listen to it. I don’t know much beyond his resume and what others have posted about him.

I used to not like Turner much until I watched some YouTube pressers with him.

I like having more information to form my opinions.

Nah.

I like Matta and Forbes, but I’m not against some of the other names we’ve heard.

If there were a similar 30+ minute interview with Wes Miller, I’d want to listen to it. I don’t know much beyond his resume and what others have posted about him.

I used to not like Turner much until I watched some YouTube pressers with him.

I like having more information to form my opinions.

I was totally thrown off by the avatar change and thought this was a WFCatamount post until I reached the last line and was like, "Nah."

Bumping, as media reports say he is the clear front-runner...

Might as well add his ETSU presser, as well:

In his first line as the new coach, he said he looks like an axe murderer.

This man does not give a shit.

ALL IN

Back