• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

I wrote that post based on the middle section of the article, where the guy says smaller banks may be willing to move ahead while waiting on additional information. Where the big guys having been burned in the past want to get their ducks in a row first. The sb’s submitting through the big banks are existing clients so their financial info is already known. These should not be from scratch.

I’m not trying to sound like a big bank defender but like Palma said these loans are just based on payroll info so they’re not rocket science. They require some fairly basic but important documentation so it’s pretty bad if little guys are just saying fuck it and ramming things through without that info.

I think smaller banks were willing to take more risks and submit loan applications to the SBA before clear guidance was issued regarding calculation of the maximum loan amount, not so much that they were just blowing off documentation. It was very unclear as to what documentation was required and how the loan amount was calculated. Yes, it was based on payroll, but what was and was not included for employees making over $100,000 was unclear, what was and was not included in terms of payroll taxes and income tax withholding was unclear and the time period to use to calculate average payroll wasn’t clear (the statue and the regulatory guidance is conflicting). I think the bigger banks were generally less willing to go out on a limb and take a stance on what the correct answers were. And I don’t blame them for it one bit. This Forbes article came out the day before my firm submitted our application and it summed up everything we were struggling with and our bank was struggling with. For the Shake Shacks and Ruth’s Chris’ of the world, this wasn’t an issue because regardless of the calculation, they qualified for the maximum loan amount (setting aside the fact that 500 employee per location rule was ridiculous and nothing that is publicly traded should ever qualify for any programs designed for small businesses).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthon...-and-banks-need-to-agree-on-now/#7ec101e81a32

A barrel of oil now just over $1!!!???? Never thought I would see that. Lots of BKs and pain to come from oil/energy cos.

Anyone want to form a partnership and buy 50 thousand barrels of oil and we just store it in a warehouse for a couple of years????

latest

Looking forward to the day I can show up at an Exxon station and get a free fill up with any purchase.

Think we found a way to offset the cost of the stimulus bills:

Have the oil producers pay he U.S. to build up the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Currently at 797 million barrels... Double it and get paid a couple of billion.

Think we found a way to offset the cost of the stimulus bills:

Have the oil producers pay he U.S. to build up the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Currently at 797 million barrels... Double it and get paid a couple of billion.

And store the oil where?

Also none of this oil crash has factored in the Alyeska Pipeline leakage that is going on right now. They still aren't certain the source or severity of the leak.

Tag: Ph still going to go to Disney

laying off half your staff and paying a $1.5 billion dividend ain't a good look

Back