• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Long term MS Teams is going to crush Zoom.

I think Zoom works much better for social calls and for one shot meetings. Teams is going to dominate with business and educational licenses so it will corner the “we have to use Teams” market.

I think Zoom works much better for social calls and for one shot meetings. Teams is going to dominate with business and educational licenses so it will corner the “we have to use Teams” market.

Disagree. Our bank was using Teams which is nice for communicating via text/email and sharing/editing presentations, but we also just approved for Zoom use and team is using it for meetings as people enjoy seeing each other and much better than WebEx as think people enjoy seeing faces now that folks are separated. So can use both effectively depending on needs for work. And all social groups use Zoom as just a great tool.

Also p/e is more like 200 based on last quarter’s earnings of .15 and they increased from 200 million participants to 300 million in April alone, so Zoom has established the name and brand that MS and Google now envy and chasing. And Zoom has addressed privacy issues and not really an issue if u used a password anyway.

Not to say it doesn’t have risk with the lofty valuation but if they hit .25-.30 this quarter you could quickly see a nice run up further.

And I’m not sure what salty disagreed with either.

And I’m not sure what salty disagreed with either.

I don’t think Teams will dominate business. They may win but just gave an example where we had Teams already but just introduced Zoom as well for groups to use and most all meetings are now Zoom.

Disagree. Our bank was using Teams which is nice for communicating via text/email and sharing/editing presentations, but we also just approved for Zoom use and team is using it for meetings as people enjoy seeing each other and much better than WebEx as think people enjoy seeing faces now that folks are separated. So can use both effectively depending on needs for work. And all social groups use Zoom as just a great tool.

Also p/e is more like 200 based on last quarter’s earnings of .15 and they increased from 200 million participants to 300 million in April alone, so Zoom has established the name and brand that MS and Google now envy and chasing. And Zoom has addressed privacy issues and not really an issue if u used a password anyway.

Not to say it doesn’t have risk with the lofty valuation but if they hit .25-.30 this quarter you could quickly see a nice run up further.

I guess the profitability comes from the businesses adopting it, and businesses these days are monitoring costs so will go with free + better security in the long run. The thing zoom has going for it is people refer to it as a zoom meeting. And I've used it alot lately and it does work well. Just not sure how they end up monetizing it? Ads on the side?

I don’t think Teams will dominate business. They may win but just gave an example where we had Teams already but just introduced Zoom as well for groups to use and most all meetings are now Zoom.

Gotcha. So you think Zoom will overcome the advantage of Teams being part of the MS software suite. I hope so. It’s a better product for video conferencing.

Related question. How often were you doing phone meetings compared to video meetings before this crisis? Are video meetings taking the place of in-person and phone meetings now?

I just wouldn't want to be up against microsoft and google at the same time, so full disclosure I make fun of all the timing and losses I had on tesla, I just up and decided to go 100% all in against zoom. Probably will lose my shirt and you're right.

Gotcha. So you think Zoom will overcome the advantage of Teams being part of the MS software suite. I hope so. It’s a better product for video conferencing.

Related question. How often were you doing phone meetings compared to video meetings before this crisis? Are video meetings taking the place of in-person and phone meetings now?

Great question. Before crisis very rarely used video except on an occasion and more for large groups with folks in different geographic locations. And yes video meetings are now taking place of what would normally be in-person as well as most phone meetings. Not sure why folks didn't use video aspect of Webex previously, but even now the few times someone uses Webex instead of zoom folks still aren't using the video feature on webex. No idea why.

And every social meeting now taking place of in-person including youth group, prayer meetings with ministry/church leaders, and other groups is Zoom. Literally everyone I talk to is using zoom and know its getting big when my mom wants training on it and she is very technology poor. She rarely uses ipad we got her a # of years ago and her iphone is literally only used for calls/texting as she gets easily overwhelmed with anything beyond the basics.

So far we’re using zoom for lots of meetings. Some we were already doing that way, others are replacing formerly in-person meetings.

I’ve heard we’re planning to switch over to the Microsoft version sometime, but haven’t yet.

We rarely do phone calls unless with outside people. Our organization used Skype but this year started transitioning to Teams. Skype was just for chats and calls (always voice, never video) but now Teams does our calls, chats and document sharing, replacing old Sharepoint sites. Teams calls were mostly audio until the pandemic when people transitioned to video, although most of my calls with Europe are still audio-only. The ones that essentially replaced in-person meetings in the US have gone to video. I do like Teams a lot for editing documents and cutting down on emails.

I compared Zoom to BlueJeans last fall and chose to roll out BlueJeans to my company. Enterprise-level product, better sound and video quality, better with our room systems, slightly cheaper. Their event platform is stellar, we hold company-wide VTCs every month and leadership loves it. Win

We use Teams as well

So Norwegian Cruise Lines is the first T&L company to wave the warning flag of bankruptcy. I just don't see a way where all 3 of the major cruise lines survive this going forward. Demand will be way down for the next year or two.

DIS earnings tonight should be an absolute bloodbath.

JCrew declared Chapter 11. Supposedly JC Penny and Neiman Marcus aren't far behind.

we use bluejeans as a company but #clients are all over the place with teams, zoom, and webex so i get a mix of all of them. i do like bluejeans' event setup far better than the others. zoom feels the most user friendly of the rest while teams seems the most robust- honestly have used it the least of any of them. webex just sucks.

Brutal earnings being released all over the place, government model now predicting double the deaths by early August, and the market is up, up, up! Makes sense.

BarrenConsiderateBoar-size_restricted.gif

Too big to fail! Its like a company could not even exist but the government would prop it up and let it stocks continue to go up if it was listed. Hey man you really should invest in X, does X produce something, no, does it do anything, no, does anyone work there, no, does it even exist, no but its up 10% today.

Back