• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stoking Ron's Ego

ironwill24

Reaction score
What motivates arrogant men? Answer is, having their pride stoked. I suggest we send emails, letters, ect. to Ron praising him for his hire of Clawson and stating how thrilled we would be if he hired a "Clawson" of basketball. I just sent him an email stating why Clawson is a boss (young, eager, hungry, relates well to fans, has a social media presence, recruits).

I think our past response (I must admit I have done this too) of sending angry emails to Ron has obviously not worked and made him dig in more in his support of the Buzz failure. I say we heap praise on him for Clawson all the while using reverse psychology to get what we want.

What motivates arrogant men? Answer is, having their pride stoked. I suggest we send emails, letters, ect. to Ron praising him for his hire of Clawson and stating how thrilled we would be if he hired a "Clawson" of basketball. I just sent him an email stating why Clawson is a boss (young, eager, hungry, relates well to fans, has a social media presence, recruits).

I think our past response (I must admit I have done this too) of sending angry emails to Ron has obviously not worked and made him dig in more in his support of the Buzz failure. I say we heap praise on him for Clawson all the while using reverse psychology to get what we want.

I like the Clawson hire too, but I find it hard to praise someone for hiring a guy that has yet to even coach 1 game for us.

Dear Ron,

You are the man. Your awesomeness inspires me.

Sincerely,

DV

P.S. Just kidding. Fuck you. You suck.

You're going to poke Ron until he bursts into flame?

I like this idea.

What often motivates arrogant men more is a sense of defiance when challenged and being challenged, even in the guise of praise, will be regarded as such.

Back