• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stolen Car- Updated

OriginalAdmiral

Reaction score
A student's car was stolen on Polo Rd. this week after some thug broke into a house and stole everything inside. Hopefully all of the students that are at home took their valuables home with them. WSPD needs to wake up and realize how bad the area around WFU has become.

UPDATED ON PAGE 3

Last edited:
Earlier in the semester someone attempted to steal one of the football players' cars... I think they chose the wrong person to steal from.

A car was stolen and a house broken into while kids were on break, and that makes the area around Wake bad?

A car was stolen and a house broken into while kids were on break, and that makes the area around Wake bad?

Well it was the car that broke into the house, so that's of concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like our criminals are getting smarter to me!

Posrep.

Negrep...you can turn that signature off in your Tapatalk settings. :thumbsup:

I know you can, but I have a habit of making horrible typos on my phone so this covers my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends where you live on Polo. If you live on the other side of University (because its cheaper) then its your fault.

Winston is literally the easiest town in america to figure out safe places to live. its not rocket science.

Polo road drove me outta control
PIC SQUAD

WSPD knows all about it, as do homeowners in the area. The communication has actually been great, and patrols have been stepped up. It's an unfortunate city-wide trend, and college campuses are always targets during breaks.

A student's car was stolen on Polo Rd. this week after breaking into a house and stealing everything inside. Hopefully all of the students that are at home took their valuables home with them. WSPD needs to wake up and realize how bad the area around WFU has become.

This happened to a good friend of mine about 5 years ago. He lived on Harmon Ave...right off of Polo Rd and a few blocks from campus. They broke into the house in the middle of the afternoon, stole laptops, TVs, etc. They found his keys on the counter, loaded up his car with all the stolen goods and took off. The worst part about it was he was upstairs taking a nap the whole time. Thankfully none of the burglars ever ventured upstairs to check any of the bedrooms.

Amazingly enough, the police found the car about 2 weeks later. It was abandoned a few miles from his house. Apparently the they just drove the car until it ran out of gas and ditched it.

Yea, it's a trend that's been increasing lately. The house my parents have owned for the last 5 years off University Pkwy just down from Polo road has been broken into twice in a month. The first time was homecoming weekend in October.

WSPD has said they've seen a surge this year in break-ins. A lot of the time during the day when people are at work or school.

Desperate times...

Desperate times my ass. These aren't good people who are just down on their luck who are doing this. They're just asshole criminals, nothing more.

Back