• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Strangest thing you bought on Ebay

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I noticed I just bought my 100th item from Ebay, and after viewing the "Tie" thread this morning I started thinking where I have gotten good deals, then started thinking what the craziest thing I have bought on Ebay.

Worked in NYC in the early nineties when my step grandmother passed away, and my Grandfather had passed about four years earlier. She had been living in the family home since his death, but once she passed we had to clean everything out. May grandfather loved the sea and had lots of sailing trophies starting at an early age, lots of medals from the Navy, and various other items we had no use for. We put them in a box with all the other non desired items that the estate sale company took. Fast forward ten years and a cousin sent a blast email that there was a trophy from the Edgartown Yacht Club for sale on Ebay, and it had by grandfather's name on it. Turned out to be a trophy he won when he was eight years old, yep the same trophy I gave the old heave-hoe to only to buy it back for $65. It is now on a shelf in my den next to his picture and some of his Navy medals and tags.

Back