• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student section

Quepo

Reaction score
Way to show up strong in the 3rd qtr.

First half was biggest student section I have seen since 2008. Probably due to the whole freshman class being there. Was it just a requirement that ya'll attended the first half? Otherwise why leave early from the only guaranteed win of the year.

The team definitely deserves better

No one stayed in any section. Weeknight blowouts have that effect. Pick your battles. The decks did seem to have some frats more enthusiastic about the game at least. The food trucks were awesome too.

Full disclosure I left in mid 4th.... Guess I was surprised at how few stayed even for a drive or 2 in the 3rd qtr

You know football season has officially arrived when people start bitching about the students.

Was very impressed by student turnout. There were a few times they gave a strong effort to get the Wake-Forest chant going without much support of the West side. Hopefully this wasn't an anomaly and they had enough fun last to come back.

what was the deal with the big black boxes in the upper corner?

Was very impressed by student turnout. There were a few times they gave a strong effort to get the Wake-Forest chant going without much support of the West side. Hopefully this wasn't an anomaly and they had enough fun last to come back.

I was as well. Their section was packed in the second quarter. Clawson noted it too, stating that over half the student body was in attendance.

In general, I wish the fans would get into the stadium earlier. The players and coaches showed up last night, and the crowd was decent, just very late arriving.

Anybody try the BBQ food truck on east side? Couldn't try it since I already ate, but looked really good.

Would think food trucks will do great business at the Saturday games.

So I've read the releases and seen the pics on the "party decks" or whatever you want to call them. Anyone want to expand on how it actually worked? Do you think Greek groups will pony up the cash to rent them knowing they can't drink there?

Do you think Greek groups will pony up the cash to rent them knowing they can't drink there?

Define "can't drink there"...I mean, you can drink most anywhere as long as you've got pockets big enough for mini bottles.

Pretty sure they will be serving alcohol on the Party Decks.

Hell, even Nick Saban had to chastise Bama students a few years ago for leaving blowouts early.

Great student turnout for a game, maybe the best ever. Disappointed that most cleared out early but "baby steps, baby steps".

Back