• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Subaru Outback

towelie99

Reaction score
so looking into new cars, and just test drove one of this today on a whim and loved it

anyone have good history with these cars? i like the fact that they are all AWD and will help in the mountains if i ever need it. thanks all knowing pit

currently in denver. i have seen no less than 23943 subarus.

i have never heard anything but positive comments about them; it's basically my dream car and if you get one you can color me jealous.

My best friend just traded in his 2006 model for a 2011 and loves it. My sister and brother-in-law just bought a used Forrester. They're functional and Subaru 4WD with a lower center of gravity is great in the mountains and during slick conditions. I drove a Subaru in high school and am thinking about buying an Outback, a Legacy Sedan, or a Forrester in a few months.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a lesbian to own a Subaru Outback...

Insurance tends to be higher than most makes in its class, for whatever reason

Whatever haters... I have a 2010 Subaru Outback and love it. I've had it for a little over a year, if you have any specific questions ask.

currently in denver. i have seen no less than 23943 subarus.

99% of the Subarus that I have seen in my lifetime came during a 3 day trip to Boulder a year or so ago. It's no exaggeration to say that 1 out of every 4 cars on the road there was a Subaru.

I'll confess that I always sorta like the Baja. Not sure what that says about me, but I doubt it's good.

Whatever haters... I have a 2010 Subaru Outback and love it. I've had it for a little over a year, if you have any specific questions ask.

i think i'm remembering this correctly...they kind of screwed up with the 2010 outbacks and made the rear view mirrors so that they couldn't be pulled in. all model years before 2010 could be, and the 2011s can be. but not 2010. just something to keep in mind if the OP is going for a used car...

I've always liked the late model Outbacks. Might try to get one when my Volvo finally kicks the bucket.

My boss got one last year and absolutely loves the thing. The car rides pretty smooth and seems to have a lot of nice features.

Just buy a Rav 4 or a Miata.

i think i'm remembering this correctly...they kind of screwed up with the 2010 outbacks and made the rear view mirrors so that they couldn't be pulled in. all model years before 2010 could be, and the 2011s can be. but not 2010. just something to keep in mind if the OP is going for a used car...

Yes the side view mirrors are fixed and cannot fold inward on the 2010 model. At first I thought it was a little strange, but it hasn't bothered me.

Back