• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Summer Pickup Games

GboroDeac

Reaction score
Do our players come back for summer? I know other schools get their alumni to come back and play in summer. If they don't, what can we do? We have one of the more impressive list of NBA players, this could be huge recruiting boost if this became normal practice. unc gets tons of former players back and recruits rave about it.

All players are required to be there for second session of summer school. First session is optional, but I know Carson is going for both. Not sure about anyone else.

Pickup games can get very chippy and sometimes profanity is used. That sort of behavior is not what Wake Forest basketball should be associated with.

Plus, there is the real threat that they will fall into bad sock habits by trying to emulate bad culture guys like Josh Howard, Chris Paul, Darius Songalia, AFA, JJ and Jeff Teague, et al. Remember, we have to start from scratch re building this culture and we certainly don't want it polluted by those bad seeds from the previous culture.

Maybe one day Hulka will get it through his thick skull that it's not talent but willingness to go to class and do the work. James and Ari weren't. That's the culture.

but no sense telling Hulka that.

Maybe one day Hulka will get it through his thick skull that it's not talent but willingness to go to class and do the work. James and Ari weren't. That's the culture.

but no sense telling Hulka that.

Just let it go...no sense in continuing to try to explain things to people that don't understand basic concepts.

So you guys equate our teams under skip/dino as an outlaw program with thugs/criminals/bad kids. Just so we are clear because that is the "culture" you are insinuating we had before the wonderful bzzzz came to town.

I for one do not think that we were like FLA/FSU football. To each his own, but I do not think we were like that (but maybe I have my head in the sand), but there weren't many incidents/arrests that would lead one to believe we had a bad culture.

Back