• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Superflous Scams Thread

i'll add something for unnecessary items, those brita water filters. j

ust drink tap water, it's fine. unless you live in an area where the water isn't treated properly, then i fail to see why tap water is not a tasty option

it's vital here in DC. the tap water tastes gross/probs is filled with lead.

i'll add something for unnecessary items, those brita water filters. j

ust drink tap water, it's fine. unless you live in an area where the water isn't treated properly, then i fail to see why tap water is not a tasty option

The tap water in our apartment tastes like absolute shit, that's why we use a filter.

I'd rather people buy the Brita filters than purchase and use bottled water.

maybe i'm spoiled by the delicious tap water they offer here in the Gashouse. Or the chemicals in it that will eventually kill me have destroyed my taste buds to the point that I can't notice the taste.

Filtered water taste better, but I think tap water tastes fine. Except at the beach, it is gross there.

I agree w/ rawarr: as long as they're not buying bottled water. it kills me when people get cases upon cases of bottled water (especially in Cary; we have "the best-tasting tap water in the state")... and i feel like most of the time, they don't even get recycled.

Filtered water taste better, but I think tap water tastes fine. Except at the beach, it is gross there.

QFT. This is the only time I buy bottled water. Though mostly, I just drink more American light beer since its pretty close to water anyway.

So much fail in the OP

Something truly superfluous: Emergen-C

For the record, the only one I agree with is shaving cream. Complete waste of money. I can't speak for people who shave anywhere but their face, however.

The rest of the list is just things I've heard from other people to start discussion.

Water filters are a great answer.

Shaving cream? What? I've tried NOT using shaving cream once and it was the most painful shit ever.

Lol. Weaksauce.

Do it for a week straight and you'll never go back. I have sensitive skin, and I haven't cut myself in years since switching over, whereas it happened every other shave with shaving cream.

i LOVE my brita filter. LOVE it. especially if you have those reusable aluminum water bottles having one is great. and shaving cream?? a necessity.

haha this is true.

but I bought this shaving lotion that makes your skin feel super soft after and now DV7 uses it for his face. (before he used nothing)

I guess for guys it just depends on how good of a razor you use....I hear the shick hydro ones are amazing.

I cannot deal with water that comes out of most taps. I am hyper sensitive to any oddities in taste.

A filter is a must.

Back