• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Surprise! Bush & Cheney lied to push us into a deadly, unnecessary war

The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes after the order is given. The regime has long-standing and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are al Qaeda terrorists inside Iraq. This regime is seeking a nuclear bomb, and with fissile material could build one within a year.

Radio Address of George W. Bush, September 28, 2002

I went to app state and I say fuck all yall penny loafer wearin, collar-popped lily white wake forest mommas boys.

How did Bush lie in the lead-up to the Iraq war? Can anyone come up with credible quotes/ sources, or is this just a crackpot conspiracy theory?

BKF is correct

And Pres. Obama has a few thousand himself. Have we not figured out yet that secular dictator is much preferable to religious zealot.

The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes after the order is given. The regime has long-standing and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are al Qaeda terrorists inside Iraq. This regime is seeking a nuclear bomb, and with fissile material could build one within a year.

Radio Address of George W. Bush, September 28, 2002

I am not asking for pages of biased links and cherry-picked analysis. Post up one or two quotes where you believe George W. Bush told a lie.

Reading is your friend ...

Seeing as how someone brought up WWI and seeing as how it's Memorial Day, let's visit Woodrow Wilson and the Great War. GW Bush has nothing on the professor when it comes to expending American lives in needless foreign adventures.

http://www.cato.org/policy-report/mayjune-2014/woodrow-wilsons-great-mistake

If popular sentiment now generally opposes starting or entering foreign wars, the people who deserve considerable credit are those “internationalists” who promote participation in wars that go wrong. Often there are terrible unintended consequences, because wars are the most costly, volatile, unpredictable, and destructive human events.

World War I was probably history’s worst catastrophe, and U.S. President Woodrow Wilson was substantially responsible for unintended consequences of the war that played out in Germany and Russia, contributing to the rise of totalitarian regimes and another world war.

Seeing as how someone brought up WWI and seeing as how it's Memorial Day, let's visit Woodrow Wilson and the Great War. GW Bush has nothing on the professor when it comes to expending American lives in needless foreign adventures.

If popular sentiment now generally opposes starting or entering foreign wars, the people who deserve considerable credit are those “internationalists” who promote participation in wars that go wrong. Often there are terrible unintended consequences, because wars are the most costly, volatile, unpredictable, and destructive human events.

World War I was probably history’s worst catastrophe, and U.S. President Woodrow Wilson was substantially responsible for unintended consequences of the war that played out in Germany and Russia, contributing to the rise of totalitarian regimes and another world war.

" It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation in 1974 by Ed Crane, Murray Rothbard, and Charles Koch,[6] chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the conglomerate Koch Industries.[nb 1] In July 1976, the name was changed to the Cato Institute.[6][7] "

"His sons, Charles Koch, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, and David H. Koch, executive vice president, are principal owners of the company after they bought out their brothers, Frederick and William "Bill" Koch, for $1.1 billion in 1983.[10]"

Owned by the Koch brothers, who bought their two other brothers out. Did not know that.

lol this guy just really goes for it:

Thanks to Wilson’s misguided policies, the Bolshevik coup led to seven decades of Soviet communism.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else on the planet argue that the US entering WW1 fucked things up by ending that war early and that our intervention caused Hitler, WW2, the Holocaust, and 240 million people killed under Communism. That is impressive.

And by impressive I mean possibly the dumbest article on history I've ever read.

Last edited:
The next best thing to owning a time machine to change history is to just teach people the wrong history.

Wait, Woodrow Wilson was responsible for the collapse of the Russian Empire and the following October Revolution?

That's ... holy shit. Amazing.

What? I don't even...

There's a reason why W and Dick haven't traveled outside the US since they left office.

Bush has. Many, many times

He might be a liar, but he definitely isn't scared of traveling abroad

Oh and fuck Dick Cheney

Back