• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

You people act like women. What the hell did Jason say to elicit your limpwristed keyboard flailing?

It's obvious to me that the great divide jason and rulz refer to is a fictitious racial divide that permeates all aspects of their lives. Sad.

It's obvious to me that the great divide jason and rulz refer to is a fictitious racial divide that permeates all aspects of their lives. Sad.

I've said before that RULZ I basically a white male version of Fonda Bryant, right down to the not so subtle racism.

Surprised OG&G has stayed at only 6. He has been doing some serious work trollin'

Surprised OG&G has stayed at only 6. He has been doing some serious work trollin'

Well, a) I keep getting green to offset the haters' efforts and b) people are beginning to see that I am consistent (and right).

God you can be an insufferable cunt.

Wow. No need for the potty mouth.

And do people think there aren't some major behind the scenes issues? It's pretty clear there's something. All the preseason transfers were a sign. It's believable that there are more to come.

Last edited:

And do people think there aren't some major behind the scenes issues? It's pretty clear there's something. All the preseason transfers were a sign. It's believable that there are more to come.

Additionally and hating/shilling aside, this is just as bad as [Redacted] ball.

Jason selling out on the Niners board is pretty pathetic. I always thought he was a legit fan. Obviously, he is wanting an audience and having a major identity crisis. I would take his accusations with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. That isn't the point. Even if his alleged inside info is correct, it doesn't make Jason any less of a twat for being a dick tease.

My dad was at the Duke game with me and he randomly started talking with a player's parent. The parent said there is a huge amount of crap going on behind the scenes and quite a few players are either out of control, want no part of the team, or should not be on a BCS team. Granted this is second (third?) hand information but it seemingly corroborates that there are some major issues that need to be addressed with either certain players or a large segment of the team.

Like I said in the game thread, the football program is looking a lot like the basketball program did circa 2010. Transfers, suspensions, and lack of effort.

I doubt it. You could get playing time on this team. Nature hates a void.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that there are problems. My questions are:

1. Are these new problems?
2. Were the recent coaching changes attempts to fix these problems?
3. How far up do the problems go?

Reasonable questions. My take is pretty simple. We were sold a bill of goods about the quality of the offensive linemen we were recruiting two to three years ago. This, I think, is killing the program and the move to zone blocking for the most part rather than cut blocking. Price today was back to running for his life half the time. This is what I see as an old problem that is really coming to the forefront.

A football team isn't really like a basketball team though. A few pissed off player leaving isn't really that big a deal in football. It happens all the time. And most people applauded Grobe for shaking things up in the coaching changes.

And how far up do the problems go? The buck stops with Grobe. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. But he can't live 24/7 with the pot heads and the disgruntled kids second or third on the depth chart. If they choose to leave or smoke pot then he has deal with the exodus and set an example with the latter. He's a great coach when he has average talent. I can't say we have average talent and I am positive we had nowhere near average talent on the field against Maryland.

And if Lector wants to dispute that then bring it on.

A few pissed off players leaving is only a big deal if they're important pissed off players or if they're a sign of broader issues that may affect the ones who stayed.

Grobe has had advantages that no Wake coach has had before and many of his peers haven't had. An ACC Championship, brand new facilities, huge contract, security for his assistants, and an incredible amount of support among the fanbase, and he has squandered it. How is it with those advantages, he can't top Caldwell's recruits and the post-Seattle Bowl classes?

We've over recruited at OL and still don't have many players who actually play. We have an undersized DL in formation ill-suited for an undersized DL. We have WR who can't catch. We have LBs who can't tackle. All of them were billed as a continuation or even "evolution" of the talent that got us to the Orange Bowl.

A few pissed off players leaving is only a big deal if they're important pissed off players or if they're a sign of broader issues that may affect the ones who stayed.

Grobe has had advantages that no Wake coach has had before and many of his peers haven't had. An ACC Championship, brand new facilities, huge contract, security for his assistants, and an incredible amount of support among the fanbase, and he has squandered it. How is it with those advantages, he can't top Caldwell's recruits and the post-Seattle Bowl classes?

We've over recruited at OL and still don't have many players who actually play. We have an undersized DL in formation ill-suited for an undersized DL. We have WR who can't catch. We have LBs who can't tackle. All of them were billed as a continuation or even "evolution" of the talent that got us to the Orange Bowl.

I agree with everything except your comment on the DL. They were dominant today. It was the one shining light in an otherwise dismal performance. When Nikita is healthy we are solid in that aspect. And he was way healthy today.

Back