• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

my post from saturday on facebook...it was filled with emotion, for which i do not apologize. nor do i GAF!!

Time to head out to drink away this miserable & disappointing loss. I see now that the Notre Dame QB is benched for tonight because he also violated team rules. I swear. You athletes need to use your skillet(head, brain) when you make choices!! Most of you are on scholarships & you are the member of a TEAM!! Suspend 'em for a game?? Those mofos need to be washing the uniforms, cleaning out the helmets, polishing cleats & kissing someone's ass to get their spot back!!!! Over react much, you ask?? Possibly, but dammit these guys have been given an opportunity that few get & they smoke it away. I don't give a shit about smoking weed, but if its against the damn rules, you can't do it. Ridiculous

I don't like it, but I get the suspension. You're a team and that extends off the field. If you're not holding your teammates accountable for the things they're doing that can jeopardize the team, you're not doing your part as a teammate. Hard to know what else the "innocent" victim may have or not have done up until this point. Perhaps he's been a knot head earlier this season and earned this one as an example to the rest of the team to look out for each other and hold each other accountable for getting their shit together. None of that explains the last minute change of mind on when to suspend the players though.

Best to suspend the players immediately once the infractions were announced- regardless of who we're playing.

I don't like it, but I get the suspension. You're a team and that extends off the field. If you're not holding your teammates accountable for the things they're doing that can jeopardize the team, you're not doing your part as a teammate. Hard to know what else the "innocent" victim may have or not have done up until this point. Perhaps he's been a knot head earlier this season and earned this one as an example to the rest of the team to look out for each other and hold each other accountable for getting their shit together. None of that explains the last minute change of mind on when to suspend the players though.

Good post, would posrep, but it won't let me. I must've posrepped you recently.

This shouldn't be difficult, folks. Which two of the suspended six are roommates?

So you laughed at Wake loosing? Go away.

What's funny is Rulz Jr wasn't even good enough to think he could play despite our problems on the O-line coming into the year, so he transferred to a school that's a year away from even playing a freaking game! Guess Pops really instilled that self-confidence in the little Blitch growing up,lol!!!

Not fair. Rulezjr just didn't like the maryjauna cigarettes.

So, what is being said here is that Wellman suspended the 6 players? Grobe was fine with them playing? Why does Wake even try to compete when there is an insanely incompetent AD behind the curtain. This is not the 2000's anymore when Grobe and Skip made Wellman look like a genius. It is time for Wellman to leave. Stop meddling.

This solution has the added benefit of resolving our basketball suckitude as well.

Odom & Greer with 5 ACC titles were also making RW look like a genius in the mid 90's & early 2000's but he wouldn't leave well enough alone. Had to meddle and hire his own people. Look where that got us.

Wellman didn't hire Odom or Greer. Didn't make him look good. Of course he hasn't messed with Jen Averill because there wasn't a reason to do so.

How many Wellman hires left with .500 or better records overall and in the ACC?

Wellman didn't hire Odom or Greer. Didn't make him look good. Of course he hasn't messed with Jen Averill because there wasn't a reason to do so.

How many Wellman hires left with .500 or better records overall and in the ACC?

I'm having a moment here because keeper was bringing this up over a beer three years ago...

Can we please weed out some of the parody posters? It's not funny and I'm surprised that some people don't have better things to do.

As in, one of those guys, who is now being accused of smoking weed, didn't actually do anything wrong outside of not snitch on his teammates because Grobe and co. wanted to play it cute.

Back