• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

anyone see a depth chart for tomorrow? interesting to see who is starting and are the back-ups.

If we have six repeat weed offenders testing positive all at the same time, then I'd say it's indicative of a pretty pervasive problem program-wide.

Nearly everybody smokes weed. It's what every program does. It's the handling of the problem that's awful IMO.

anyone see a depth chart for tomorrow? interesting to see who is starting and are the back-ups.

Apparently not.

Just checked the official website and this is the depth chart I saw

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2012-13/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

ETA: Maybe they faxed it to UMD, but if this is all then we certainly tried to eff with Maryland in terms of their prep because as long as I've been covering Wake (4+ years) I can't remember a time we didn't release it Friday morning.

Yeah we knew that for some it wasn't their first positive, that's why I thought it would only be a couple guy suspended though.

That's where I blame Grobe. The repeat offenders should have been suspended immediately. Is Martin a repeat offender? Awful young for that.

That's where I blame Grobe. The repeat offenders should have been suspended immediately. Is Martin a repeat offender? Awful young for that.

I agree with this.

The program in place is: 1st- Nothing, 2nd- Suspension, 3rd- Done.

Not sure where the room for interpretation is...

I agree with this.

I've heard this stated multiple times on the board but it conflicts with what I heard around when Mosby was booted. I could be wrong but I was under the assumption that Grobe has some degree of flexibility and some guys have been shown the door after two tests while others hold on until a third.

If we have six repeat weed offenders testing positive all at the same time, then I'd say it's indicative of a pretty pervasive problem program-wide.

Nearly everybody smokes weed. It's what every program does. It's the handling of the problem that's awful IMO.

I don't disagree, but forget it's weed for a sec. If you have this many kids who are willing to persist in any prohibited behavior that they know they will be tested for and could affect their standing with the team, you have a pretty bad disconnect within your organization.

I've heard this stated multiple times on the board but it conflicts with what I heard around when Mosby was booted. I could be wrong but I was under the assumption that Grobe has some degree of flexibility and some guys have been shown the door after two tests while others hold on until a third.

Yeah I have no idea if it's a hard and fast rule, I was just under the impression that the first time was no suspension based on guys I've known who tested positive and then...well, got no suspension.

I've heard from several players in different sports that it's a clear 1-2-3 rule. Why would it be different for players in different sports?

I agree with this.

Could some of them had a positive first test, then lied to Grobe?

Could they have taken a second test later to confirm first test?

Just throwing things out there to try to explain the situation.

I don't disagree, but forget it's weed for a sec. If you have this many kids who are willing to persist in any prohibited behavior that they know they will be tested for and could affect their standing with the team, you have a pretty bad disconnect within your organization.

I certainly agree with this. I just don't think we handled it well.

Could some of them had a positive first test, then lied to Grobe?

Could they have taken a second test later to confirm first test?

Just throwing things out there to try to explain the situation.

Occam's Razor guys.

We have players that are critical to the team's success so we try to hide it when the eff up.

We all call out other teams for it and now it's happening to us and we try to turn a blind eye to it. Odds are our coaching staff didn't want to reveal what happened. We know what happened and we didn't do anything until RW stepped in.

It pisses me off but it's the right move. Gotta stand stuff to the rules. I bet Coach Grobe didn't lie because he didn't know that RW would suspend them. He's just guilty of everything that other college coaches are, and that's hiding things that occur in plain sight.

Occam's Razor guys.

We have players that are critical to the team's success so we try to hide it when the eff up.

We all call out other teams for it and now it's happening to us and we try to turn a blind eye to it. Odds are our coaching staff didn't want to reveal what happened. We know what happened and we didn't do anything until RW stepped in.

It pisses me off but it's the right move. Gotta stand stuff to the rules. I bet Coach Grobe didn't lie because he didn't know that RW would suspend them. He's just guilty of everything that other college coaches are, and that's hiding things that occur in plain sight.

If this is the case, I have to believe that there is some tension between JG and RW.

So we are going to loose to Maryland now. Awesome. Sweet teammates.

Occam's Razor guys.

We've never hidden stuff before. Is Grobe thinking his job is on the line? It just seems strange that Grobe has handled team discipline really well for the first decade plus of his tenure with on field success, and now something has changed.

I'd say Occam's Razor is there are details we don't know.

Back