• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sync Software

WFUtoUSC

Reaction score
I recently bought a new laptop, but I still use the old one. I use them pretty interchangeably, but I want to be able to sync them at the end of the day/week/etc.

Other than moving everything to an external hard drive, is there any way to sync the two on a regular basis? Any software out there that would allow me to do this?

Thanks Pit

What operating system and version is installed on each machine?

In response to the tag, I use two laptops. I have one that sits on my desk at home and a netbook I carry to class everyday to take notes.

What exactly do you want to sync? I've been using dropbox to keep my files synced between the two computers. It is a basic solution, but it is extremely easy to use.

Windows XP and a MAC with Lion

In that case, a web based sync solution like Dropbox may be your best/easiest bet. It won't be real time and it requires both laptops to have internet connection. It's not really a "sync" solution, but rather, a shared online folder that you can access/save files in from multiple machines.

It doesn't sound like you need things instantly synced anyway if end of day or end of week is fine. Could always just use a USB drive and move it between the two computers.

I use DropBox and it's pretty solid, especially considering you get like 2gb for free and it supports mobile devices in addition to Windows and OSX.

Back