• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Game Time 12:30 pm, RSN

It was pretty clear early in the season that there were three players (sage, strnad , Newman) elevating us from the level of a 7 win team to the level of a 10 win team. Two of them are out for the season, and the other one is banged up and only played about half the snaps down the stretch. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that we looked worse the last four games than we did in the first six

This.

Coach Clawson has done some good things, but the ACC sucked this year and Wake had three games this year Louisville, Va Tech, and today where Wake was just not prepared and ready to play. This game really ruined a decent year. Clawson and much of the team sucked today. Thankful for bowl games but today was LOWF at its finest.
Lol. Wake won the Big 4, 6 home games for the first time, and beat Duke and lost in OT at Syracuse without 2 of our best defensive players (Strnad and Greer are All-ACC level players), our 2 best receivers (Surratt All-ACC, possible All-American; Washington a pro prospect) and our QB out for 3 quarters vs Syracuse. This was one of the best years ever for WF football.

Let's enjoy this season for what it is and just be happy to go to a bowl game. Next year will be a blood bath and Wake will really struggle to be bowl eligible.

2020 schedule and way too early predictions:

at Old Dominion Monarchs - W
Appalachian State Mountaineers - L
Villanova Wildcats - W
vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish - L
at Duke Blue Devils - W
at Florida State Seminoles - L
at Louisville Cardinals -L
at NC State Wolfpack - W
Boston College Eagles - L
Clemson Tigers - L
Miami (FL) Hurricanes - L
Syracuse Orange - W

Va tech with the fresh at qb is better than us, and we got out schemed.

Today was a shitty coaching job, and weak effort. Love this team but real is real and they need to take a look at themselves. They demand better of themselves too. Not pleased.

Let's enjoy this season for what it is and just be happy to go to a bowl game. Next year will be a blood bath and Wake will really struggle to be bowl eligible.

2020 schedule and way too early predictions:

at Old Dominion Monarchs - W
Appalachian State Mountaineers - L
Villanova Wildcats - W
vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish - L
at Duke Blue Devils - W
at Florida State Seminoles - L
at Louisville Cardinals -L
at NC State Wolfpack - W
Boston College Eagles - L
Clemson Tigers - L
Miami (FL) Hurricanes - L
Syracuse Orange - W

We will beat App and BC.

Also win 1 of Miami, FSU, and UL.

8-4 again

Next year's schedule is a little tougher, but still manageable. We get ND early when we should be at our healthiest. If Sage is back along with Green, Jamie, and Walker, then I like our chances.

Outside Clemson, no one looks unbeatable in conference. And App, while good and deserves some credit, has 11 wins because they are in the Sunbelt.

It was pretty clear early in the season that there were three players (sage, strnad , Newman) elevating us from the level of a 7 win team to the level of a 10 win team. Two of them are out for the season, and the other one is banged up and only played about half the snaps down the stretch. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that we looked worse the last four games than we did in the first six

Team beachbum on this

We will beat App and BC.

Also win 1 of Miami, FSU, and UL.

8-4 again

We are going to be really good next year. It will be great having some tougher out of conference games. ND will be a great opportunity for a really good win.

This thread is yet another illustration of how a large segment of our “fan base” are fucking morons.

I’m super happy to agree with you for once. 8-4 while losing by far our most important offensive and defensive players. Our qb doesn’t go out, maybe 10-2. Today was disappointing, but Jesus, man. I understand venting, but a lot of y’all don’t have even the slightest understanding of any sort of athletic competition, much less acc football.

4th consecutive bowl year is really nice accomplishment but Wake piled up some mediocre wins this year. Utah State is the only team that Wake beat that actually had a winning season. What was the marquee win of the season? UNC or FSU?

We are going to be really good next year. It will be great having some tougher out of conference games. ND will be a great opportunity for a really good win.

Losing Bassey, Henderson, Strnad, Herron, Carney, Gilliam, Benzinger, Freudenthal, and then potentially Newman and Sage + a tougher schedule and you predict we will have a better year?

I’m super happy to agree with you for once. 8-4 while losing by far our most important offensive and defensive players. Our qb doesn’t go out, maybe 10-2. Today was disappointing, but Jesus, man. I understand venting, but a lot of y’all don’t have even the slightest understanding of any sort of athletic competition, much less acc football.

Imagine being so dumb you can’t understand being pissed about finishing 1-3 to end a promising season. Low expectation fans are the worst. Keep giving money for mediocrity.

Coach Clawson has done some good things, but the ACC sucked this year and Wake had three games this year Louisville, Va Tech, and today where Wake was just not prepared and ready to play. This game really ruined a decent year. Clawson and much of the team sucked today. Thankful for bowl games but today was LOWF at its finest.

Although I’d say it’s tough to win in Blacksburg but yes yes yes for rest of post

Losing Jamie Newman today is not why we lost.

Newman being out this year didn't hurt us at all. Hartman almost led a miraculous comeback against UL, beat FSU and was the much more effective QB today.

Imagine being so dumb you can’t understand being pissed about finishing 1-3 to end a promising season. Low expectation fans are the worst. Keep giving money for mediocrity.

I didn’t fully understand lowf until today

Losing Bassey, Henderson, Strnad, Herron, Carney, Gilliam, Benzinger, Freudenthal, and then potentially Newman and Sage + a tougher schedule and you predict we will have a better year?

We are not losing Newman and Sage, and both of them will be fantastic next year.

Dumb post.

Losing today sucked. But you should be able to step back and realize it was a successful season. We had the third best record in the ACC. We are going to our 4th straight bowl game for the first time ever. We have the best ACC football program in North Carolina. We’ll again have a chance for a special season next year. You bet I’m supporting that.

So Ph, I hate ending 1-3. I hate that we lost a couple very winnable games with poor coaching and conservative play. We should have been able to capitalize on a weak ACC. Injuries aren't the only reasons for those losses. But they do matter

The Orange Bowl team overcame a ton of injuries on offense, but they also had a bunch of future pros on defense and special teams. That carried them in games offense floundered

There is a reality that injury luck is a part of winning. And there is also a reality that great teams and great coaches have players ready to step up

Can both be true at the same time? We still finished 3rd in ACC and had a great year.

Back