• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Kicker Suspended for Wake Game - Punter Will Act As Kicker

Well then, chalk up another culture victory for the Deacs!

Interesting. We'll see if they're more aggressive on 4th down or just see what the punter can do.

Considering our history facing backup QBs, I wouldn't be surprised if this dude nails a 55 harder to beat us.

Norton sucked, so it may not end up being a big blow. As for extra points, our offense doesn't score against ACC teams so it doesn't make a difference.

Norton sucked, so it may not end up being a big blow. As for extra points, our offense doesn't score against ACC teams so it doesn't make a difference.

you sound like you have a little LOWF in ya there pal..

Nah, I bleed orange, just really disgusted with the way the year has gone. Should be a good one Saturday

Those 2 sentences from an opposing fan whose team is in the cellar tell you all you need to know about WF football.

I'm glad Syracuse joined the conference, their fans are awesome. Louisville, not so much. Pittsburgh I have no idea because we haven't played them yet in basically anything and we only play them twice in like 14 years in football. Can't wait for the trip to Pittsburgh when I'm 32 or whatever.

I'm glad Syracuse joined the conference, their fans are awesome. Louisville, not so much. Pittsburgh I have no idea because we haven't played them yet in basically anything and we only play them twice in like 14 years in football. Can't wait for the trip to Pittsburgh when I'm 32 or whatever.
The Louisville fans we interacted with at the Orange Bowl were great. They even shared some of their fine KY bourbon with us during the monsoon.

The Louisville fans we interacted with at the Orange Bowl were great. They even shared some of their fine KY bourbon with us during the monsoon.

agreed

despite the fact that one guy in our group (not me actually) kept bellowing derogatory comments (such as WHERE ARE YOUR TEETH!!!!) at the people sitting next to us.

"punter will act as kicker"

Does that mean he will get arrested too?

This may represent an opportunity for the Wake kickoff return team, as the kickoffs may be shorter than usual.

It may impact Syracuse decisions just outside the red zone, at distances to close to punt for much useful yardage, but too far to try a field goal with an unknown (or not) kicker. Also, the kick block team may have some opportunities, as the timing between the snapper, holder and kicker may be a little off.

Also, the coach might be a little more into trickery on FG tries, if he doesn't really have confidence in his substitute kicker. Guys need to watch for that.

This may represent an opportunity for the Wake kickoff return team, as the kickoffs may be shorter than usual.

It may impact Syracuse decisions just outside the red zone, at distances to close to punt for much useful yardage, but too far to try a field goal with an unknown (or not) kicker. Also, the kick block team may have some opportunities, as the timing between the snapper, holder and kicker may be a little off.

Also, the coach might be a little more into trickery on FG tries, if he doesn't really have confidence in his substitute kicker. Guys need to watch for that.

Very good point. Would really to see Harris get a chance or two to return kickoffs.

Back