• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Question

Something I plan to be watching for is how Ri'Shard Anderson plays in this game. For those of you who aren't aware Ri'Shard was committed to us 2 years ago and we pulled his offer before NSD for some reason. I never heard a reason for that over on the politically correct boards so if anyone has the scoop it would be much appreciated.

I believe we didn't want him to take any more officials, but he took one anyway (after committing), so we cut ties with him.

That makes sense, thanks for the info. Curious to see if that kid was worth the trouble, I believe he will be starting for them.

If its anything like the basketball recruits we ended up losing, he'll have incredible stats and have a career night against us.

I believe we didn't want him to take any more officials, but he took one anyway (after committing), so we cut ties with him.

Because of the reputation of this staff (away from these boards) the kid was able to use the Deac offer to leverage the 'Cuse.

well, I was hoping someone had seen Syracuse play and might offer something like "they have a CB named Jabberwocky who can flat out motor..."

then, I was going to talk all sorts of junk about that guy, as if he were the slowest guy on earth next to josh harris.

they have had a few injuries hit and there O-line is a little thin. They lost quite a bit from last season and are counting on the newbie back Moore to shoulder the Offense.

I just have one question about the 'Cuse.

Do they have anybody who can catch Josh Harris? I think not. In fact, let's give them a 3 yard head start in the 100 and I'll wager Harris blows by them before the 80yd mark.

I'm really looking forward to watching this beast run around, over, and by lots of kids this year.

its post like these that make me worry about the injury bug karma

We are not second fiddle to the cuse, you rotten vaginal bandwagoneer. How does Butch's grundle taste?

Syracuse fan here

For a little insight, we have two very talented safeties Shamarko and Phillip Thomas (no relation) that are very quick. Phillip is lead tackler of the players returning, and Shamarko is another athletic freak who has really taken a leadership role on the team, and has had to grow up quickly after the loss of his mother this past summer. Has turned into a really positive, motivated player and leader and I'm sure that heartbreaking experience is part of his transformation. Shamarko runs in the 4.3 range, Phillip a slight bit slower, but we have a lot of speed from our outside backers and really our back 7.

As to regards to someone saying Ameen-Moore will be carrying the load as a freshman is way off. Antwon Bailey will get a lot of touches. Great receiver, great runner. Has a knack of making cuts in traffic and really is a mini-Delone Carter. He's 200+ lbs on a 5-8 frame, but is very quick, but thickly built. Ameen-Moore may get a touch or two, but I doubt he'll see much of the field against BCS schools. He's very tough to bring down, but needs to drop some weight to really max out his ability.

Alot of athletes on the defense will cover for our lack of real "bulk", but there is a ton of speed on the defensive side. Will throw a ton of blitz packages coming from all directions through Scott Shafer's schemes.

Offensively, our QB Nassib will have a lot of experienced receivers to throw to, and will have more of an opportunity to go vertical with those guys and a veteran line. Line will bulldoze in the run game, and has improved tremendously in pass protection as compared to last year.

Wideouts you'll see are Chew, who is tall, lanky, fast, but more importantly has good hands. Was slowed down last year by a groin injury, and it really showed in the last half of the season. Lemon is a sturdy guy at 6-2, 200+ and runs well and blocks well. A possession type that can get open. Dorian Graham is the X-Factor. Tons of speed, was outlined as an ESPN "Weight Room Freak". Will probably break out this year at WR, and has had a great camp catching the ball, something he has struggled with.

Our TE Nick Provo is very good and has a knack for finding seams about 10-15 yards out. Not the best blocker but serviceable. Has good hands and great chemistry with Nassib.

The Offense will open up more this season, but OC Nathaniel Hackett wants to run the football. He called it a lost art in modern CFB in a recent interview. Look for alot of Bailey and play-action, but don't be surprised to see a 4-wide or 5-wide set a couple times per game.

Let me know if you have any questions here, or even send me a message!

Looking forward to the game. Finally set up my ESPN3 app on my Xbox to stream the game in HD to the TV. I probably won't sleep much this week, but it's going to be a hell of a season. Hope you're staying dry.

For a little insight, we have two very talented safeties Shamarko and Phillip Thomas (no relation) that are very quick. Phillip is lead tackler of the players returning, and Shamarko is another athletic freak who has really taken a leadership role on the team, and has had to grow up quickly after the loss of his mother this past summer. Has turned into a really positive, motivated player and leader and I'm sure that heartbreaking experience is part of his transformation. Shamarko runs in the 4.3 range, Phillip a slight bit slower, but we have a lot of speed from our outside backers and really our back 7.

As to regards to someone saying Ameen-Moore will be carrying the load as a freshman is way off. Antwon Bailey will get a lot of touches. Great receiver, great runner. Has a knack of making cuts in traffic and really is a mini-Delone Carter. He's 200+ lbs on a 5-8 frame, but is very quick, but thickly built. Ameen-Moore may get a touch or two, but I doubt he'll see much of the field against BCS schools. He's very tough to bring down, but needs to drop some weight to really max out his ability.

Alot of athletes on the defense will cover for our lack of real "bulk", but there is a ton of speed on the defensive side. Will throw a ton of blitz packages coming from all directions through Scott Shafer's schemes.

Offensively, our QB Nassib will have a lot of experienced receivers to throw to, and will have more of an opportunity to go vertical with those guys and a veteran line. Line will bulldoze in the run game, and has improved tremendously in pass protection as compared to last year.

Wideouts you'll see are Chew, who is tall, lanky, fast, but more importantly has good hands. Was slowed down last year by a groin injury, and it really showed in the last half of the season. Lemon is a sturdy guy at 6-2, 200+ and runs well and blocks well. A possession type that can get open. Dorian Graham is the X-Factor. Tons of speed, was outlined as an ESPN "Weight Room Freak". Will probably break out this year at WR, and has had a great camp catching the ball, something he has struggled with.

Our TE Nick Provo is very good and has a knack for finding seams about 10-15 yards out. Not the best blocker but serviceable. Has good hands and great chemistry with Nassib.

The Offense will open up more this season, but OC Nathaniel Hackett wants to run the football. He called it a lost art in modern CFB in a recent interview. Look for alot of Bailey and play-action, but don't be surprised to see a 4-wide or 5-wide set a couple times per game.

Looking forward to the game. Finally set up my ESPN3 app on my Xbox to stream the game in HD to the TV. I probably won't sleep much this week, but it's going to be a hell of a season. Hope you're staying dry.

I revise my 24-21 Wake win over the cuse prediction after reading this assessment to Wake 12-SU 71 4 newman fgs

No way of knowing that yet until put in a real game.

No way of knowing that yet until put in a real game.

I'll take Marrone's word for it. He is an OL guru, former NFL lineman, OL Coach at Georgia, Georgia Tech, NY Jets and Tennessee. By no means is based off of playing other schools, but he has stated they look better in pass protection than they did last year, so I'm just going off of what I have heard.

Sorry if it is a biased rundown. I really think it'll be a good game. Expecting both teams to score in the 20s. My money would be taking the points, though.

I'll take Marrone's word for it. He is an OL guru, former NFL lineman, OL Coach at Georgia, Georgia Tech, NY Jets and Tennessee. By no means is based off of playing other schools, but he has stated they look better in pass protection than they did last year, so I'm just going off of what I have heard.

Sorry if it is a biased rundown. I really think it'll be a good game. Expecting both teams to score in the 20s. My money would be taking the points, though.

Like we're supposed to be impressed their head coach is an OL guru when we've got Lobo????

Now, now. Upstate may not realize that you're dissing Lobo and not Cuse's coach.

Back