• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse @ Wake Forest 10/8: 7pm, RSN

Huge win for us! Not sure but weren't we on our own 2 only up 5 in the 4th Q? If not it was close to it. Both offense and defense came through with big plays down the stretch, breaking the script of previous Syracuse games. Reminded me a little of 2006 which was close when Mauk got injured and the team responded with a TD with Riley basically handing off only and the D held them scoreless the rest of the way.

5-1 babay!!

This game felt so much like a classic Deacon fold- the fumble on the goal line, the inability to take advantage in the 3rd quarter of the defenses sterling play, letting Syracuse make the plays that got them into our territory prior to the punt that pinned us on the 2. I've watched the game where we don't capitalize and lose on a TD in the last 5 minutes what seems like 100 times in my life. But we made just enough plays to win.

I am still really concerned with the playcalling and general strategy, but if we manage to win 5 of every 6 games, I will not complain too much.

Please let us win a couple more so we aren't stuck with the most shittastic bowl.

Wooooooooooooöoooooooooo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wolford is playing well. I fear for his life a gutty player. Marquez Lee played a helluva game. The offensive line is finally getting where they are supposed to be. Special teams have been great even with that one snap.

I love the strategy on D. Quick and attack from different places.

We do have 3 winnable games left - UVA, BC and Army - all at home. I would be majorly disappointed at this point if we don't win at least 2/3 of those...

7 wins should be the base right now. 8 and 4-4 would be just awesome.

Crazy how much of that game felt like we were very much out playing them though the score never reflected it...and then the last few minutes happened.

Way to go Deacs! Only Wake could win a nail biter 28-9. Clearing the schedule for Bowl season. I do not want to hear any "Clawson to Texas et al" rumors.

If we don't manage to pull a 2006-like upset in Tallahassee, we look to be bowl eligible against Army, who lost 13-6 to Duke today in the deluge. (I saw Army driving late and naturally fumbling on a pitch and turning it over, and we probably won't have rain to slow them down.) Bowl eligible with 4 games left would be great.

We really have 3 more winnable games at home! Barring an absolute collapse we are going to have a good record.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Back