• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse @ Wake Forest 10/8: 7pm, RSN

That's not the one I was looking for. In the highlight of Carney runs, the one you just showed doesn't really register IMO.

That one happened about the time phan suggested, was fourth down, and two Syracuse defenders were hurt on the play.

Had a great time at the game. It really shouldn't have been as close as it was, with the safety and fumble at the goal line. Our guys were a lot of fun to watch. The only disappointment for me was the crowd. I realize the weather was terrible, and a lot of people aren't going to travel. But the student section was EMPTY. This is a 5-1 team. You would think students could put up with some rain to attend this game.

We'll be back for Army. Hopefully the weather is better and the stands are full.

Yes, it looked like Colburn rolled over another player or two without touching the ground and then found the end zone.

It was completely clear on TV. I blame Clawson for not challenging it. Colburn knew he got in. Clawson also could have challenged the spot where they called Carney short and led to 4th and inches and we punted. Carney rolled over and picked up an extra yard.

Had a great time at the game. It really shouldn't have been as close as it was, with the safety and fumble at the goal line. Our guys were a lot of fun to watch. The only disappointment for me was the crowd. I realize the weather was terrible, and a lot of people aren't going to travel. But the student section was EMPTY. This is a 5-1 team. You would think students could put up with some rain to attend this game.

We'll be back for Army. Hopefully the weather is better and the stands are full.

I wonder if part of the student section thing was it being Parent's weekend and the students at the game were sitting with their parents. I saw a few around us that I thought were probably students sitting with parents.

It was completely clear on TV. I blame Clawson for not challenging it. Colburn knew he got in. Clawson also could have challenged the spot where they called Carney short and led to 4th and inches and we punted. Carney rolled over and picked up an extra yard.

The only thing I can figure is Clawson didn't want to challenge a call early in the game where he probably felt we'd score anyway, since it was 1st and goal from the 2.

The only thing I can figure is Clawson didn't want to challenge a call early in the game where he probably felt we'd score anyway, since it was 1st and goal from the 2.

Its the first half. You always challenge that play. If you lose the timeout it is no big deal. I couldn't believe he didn't challenge it.

Which would be poor logic. Never assume Wake is going to score a TD.

He saw the replay and raised his arms like come on replay booth. I assume someone upstairs on our staff is in his headset telling him when to challenge. Honestly challenges are so rare in CFB, especially when 30 or so seconds are allowed to elapse. Still, the buck stops with him.

Its the first half. You always challenge that play. If you lose the timeout it is no big deal. I couldn't believe he didn't challenge it.

Bet he challenges next time....especially after reviewing the game film

It makes you wonder if anybody except Colburn picked up on it. The TV crew didn't see it. I agree a challenge where points are involved is worth burning your challenge early.

He saw the replay and raised his arms like come on replay booth. I assume someone upstairs on our staff is in his headset telling him when to challenge. Honestly challenges are so rare in CFB, especially when 30 or so seconds are allowed to elapse. Still, the buck stops with him.

I believe it's a harder decision to challenge in college though. The booth looks at every play, so if they don't review it on their on, it probably gives doubt to the coach whether they'd over turn it on a challange.

I was pretty drunk watching out of the corner of my eye while taking a shot. Easily saw it was a TD right away. Inexcusable not to challenge there. I immediately told the non-Wake friends I was watching with we wouldn't score.

I was pretty drunk watching out of the corner of my eye while taking a shot. Easily saw it was a TD right away. Inexcusable not to challenge there. I immediately told the non-Wake friends I was watching with we wouldn't score.

Maybe if Clawson was pretty drunk and watching out of the corner of his eye while taking a shot, he would have seen it too.

Any update/comments on Cam's injury? Looked like he had the hamstring iced/taped late and wasn't coming back in, hopefully just a tweak of some sort. And I am guessing that Colburn is day-to-day going through concussion protocol? Oh, and what is the deal with Josh Harris?

The non coaching call that I was screaming at on the TV was after the illegal forward pass. It was pretty obvious, and Clawson should have called a hurry up play rather than let time run so the reviewers could have time to decide to review it. Cost us the first down .

Back