• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tablet and PC Discussion Thread

For an android tablet I just bought our new Yoga tablet and really, really like it. The battery life is ridiculous.

doesn't it seem weird to have a keyboard on the back of your tablet when you're, you know, tableting? We have an iPad and it's hard for me to imagine holding a tablet with a keyboard on the back.

I guess I need to go down to Best Buy (aka, the Showroom for Amazon.com) and touch some of these things.

doesn't it seem weird to have a keyboard on the back of your tablet when you're, you know, tableting? We have an iPad and it's hard for me to imagine holding a tablet with a keyboard on the back.

I guess I need to go down to Best Buy (aka, the Showroom for Amazon.com) and touch some of these things.

No, I was referring to the new Lenovo Yoga Tablet product - it is only a tablet. Go check it out - I can recommend it without hesitation if you are in the market for an Android tablet. The price is right ($400 or less for a 10" tablet with 32GB storage and an optional bluetooth keyboard that doubles as a cover) and the battery life is awesome. Cheaper if you don't want the keyboard or can live with less storage - there is also an 8" version. It has a built in stand as well...

The Yoga you are thinking of is Lenovo's IdeaPad Yoga - the convertible product. The keyboard is on the back when you have it folded into tablet mode but it is rendered inactive. I haven't used one for extended periods so don't know how 'weird' that is. The newest version - the Yoga 2 Pro - is getting excellent reviews and the screen resolution is ridiculous - like 3200x1800, I think?

We also make a ThinkPad Yoga - a convertible version of our thinnest ThinkPad product. On it, as you fold it into tablet mode the keyboard bezel actually rises to be even with the keyboard so you don't have that strange feeling of keys moving around.

As you can see, we are using the Yoga name across product lines to indicate the convertible, multi-mode nature of these products.

I feel the need to tell you folks these things because I think we make some really innovative products but don't do enough marketing to tell anyone about them...

I'm potentially in the market for a new laptop. My Wake T400 is showing it's age.

I have a pretty beastly desktop, but I would like my laptop to at least play some games. I think tablets are a good idea in theory, but I really just hate the experience.

I'd like to keep my budget around $1,000. A few brands I'm considering:

MSI
Asus
Sager/Clevo
Lenovo

I'm also seriously looking at the Surface Pro 2. I really like the fact that it has a full fledged version of Windows on it and that it is basically just a laptop in tablet form.

A non-integrated graphics card is an absolute must(unless I decide to get the SP2.) The Sager/Clevo brand is nice because they are really built around customization. I can add RAM and HDD/SSDs without dealing with any bullshit.

Back