• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tailgate- Gas generator

Vegas Jethro

Reaction score
We brought a gas generator to the tailgate this week and were promptly told by a WS police officer that they were banned. Did anyone else have this problem?

We brought a gas generator to the tailgate this week and were promptly told by a WS police officer that they were banned. Did anyone else have this problem?

Some of them have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands. Many things are "banned". Whether they choose to enforce them is another issue.

According to the ticket information and parking passes, they are banned. Most of us get around it with power inverters. IIRC, its a noise related concern.

The policewoman was very polite, but she had a list of 35 banned items. This is the 3rd year we have brought it, and she said everyone shiuld have got the list with their tickets. I sure as hell didn't!

There is no way they could hear it. Its was behind the port-o-john. She said said it was because i had a propane tank in the vicinity of it

There is no way they could hear it. Its was behind the port-o-john. She said said it was because i had a propane tank in the vicinity of it

Are you in the Senior Services lot in a nice grassy area with a great new cooker? If so, I saw you being harrased. Did she give you the Miranda warning. She has too much time on her hands.......

Yep, thats us. We will just hide it next week and be fine. Come by and drink a beer Saturday!

Just bring the same gadget next week. Barney Fife will be onto someone else next weekend given the increased crowd size. Plus, most of them will be wanting
Fedora's autograph. I wouldn't sweat it.

Ive heard they're a little more strict in that lot. What kind of cooker have you got? Ive been impressed with the increasing number of smokers/cookers that are now calling the tailgate lots home.

It was custom built by a guy in the sedge garden area. Its a smoker/gas/wood grill with a 4x4 grilling space. Last year we fit 100 chicken breast on it for a neighborhood party! We been in that space for 4 years now. Its our little secret, so to speak. Lots if grass, and beside some bathrooms.

It was custom built by a guy in the sedge garden area. Its a smoker/gas/wood grill with a 4x4 grilling space. Last year we fit 100 chicken breast on it for a neighborhood party! We been in that space for 4 years now. Its our little secret, so to speak. Lots if grass, and beside some bathrooms.

Are you near the group that are also FSU fans as well?

Im still trying to get some sort of WFU sanctioned tailgate cooking competition going. We are pretty sure we'll get the chili cookoff going again. We did it a few years ago with pretty good success.

Im still trying to get some sort of WFU sanctioned tailgate cooking competition going. We are pretty sure we'll get the chili cookoff going again. We did it a few years ago with pretty good success.

Let me know, that would be great and maybe we could tie it into a good cause of some sort. Like feed the needy (Carolina grads) or something!

Last time we just had people cook chili and charged $$ for a bowl. The winner got to donate the proceeds to the charity of their choice, and it was judged by an all star cast from the bigger tailgates. Id love to get the basketball team to be the judges, but that's just a dream.

Everybody knows propane & methane should not be near each other. BOOM

Some of them have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands. Many things are "banned". Whether they choose to enforce them is another issue.

I'd be that guy that says "Winston Salem still has a crime rate, right?"

Seems strange. We were inn the Orange Lot, and there were at least 4 generators running in very close proximity.

Seems strange. We were inn the Orange Lot, and there were at least 4 generators running in very close proximity.

I've heard similar complaints from the Senior Services lot by others. When they moved over to the Orange/Blue lot, they continued to do the same things and have never been approached.

Back