• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taking a Limo to a Concert?

OblongPickle

Reaction score
So, my parents are HUGE Eagles fans (I'm fairly certain that's a huge divisive issue here on these boards, but I DON'T fucking hate the Eagles, man!), and they are having their what, 10th farewell tour, but apparently this really is it (seeing as how they're starting to drop), and to my surprise one of the first tour dates on their Long Goodbye Tour is in Charlotte on November 7th. I got them tickets the morning they went on pre-sale for their birthdays and Xmas presents (Their BDays are Sep 20th and Oct 2nd) and I'm going to give them the tickets/tell them about it (everything's digital nowadays) when they get back from vacation next week.

Anyway, I know of another group of their friends that are going and I wanted to surprise everyone with a limo ride to the concert, because I know they'd want to drink, and I don't want them to have to either take a 45 minute Uber ride and then try to get one home afterward, or have my Mom have to be the designated driver, mainly because she's the bigger Eagles fan and because she can't see well driving at night.

So yea...for anyone that has booked a limo for a concert, I'm guessing you book by the hour? If so, how many hours should I block out? And does anyone know of a good limo service in the Charlotte area? And how far in advance would I need to book it?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Have a good one!

Last edited:
We looked into for a concert last year and you do have to book by the hour which makes it really expensive and they’re sitting there doing nothing.

My wife called a company and balked at the price and he said when the date got closer I’m give him a call and if it wasn’t booked we could talk about a better deal.

We booked it the week of and I think the plan was he would drop us off and pick us up and do ride share drives the rest of the time.

My wife’s cousin ended up getting very very sick on the way to the concert as she’s not a big drinker and we just went home.

That company doesn’t return my wife’s calls anymore.

@OblongPickle - If it's an hourly charge, you probably want 5-7 hours, but that depends a little bit on what time you want to arrive at the venue and how long it will take to get there. From what I'm seeing on setlist.fm:

-Steely Dan are playing ~7:40-8:45
-Eagles are playing ~ 9-11

So if you want to arrive at the venue by 7 and figure you'll be home by midnight or 12:30 (5.5 hours) then figure out how much time it will take to pick up and get there before the show and that's the number of hours you need.

I don't have any recommendations on a company other than to call a few and talk about what your options are. Depending on your group size, a black car service (Escalade or other luxury SUV) might be cheaper and easier to arrange for just a pick up and drop off at the venue.

Last edited:
Fwiw, Don did not want to use the Dan name after Walter died, and wanted to call it Donald Fagen and the Steely Dan Band, or something like that, but I think the bigwigs were like, Nah, people only buy tix to see the Dan as THE DAN.

@OblongPickle - If it's an hourly charge, you probably want 5-7 hours, but that depends a little bit on what time you want to arrive at the venue and how long it will take to get there. From what I'm seeing on setlist.fm:

-Steely Dan are playing ~7:40-8:45
-Eagles are playing ~ 9-11

So if you want to arrive at the venue by 7 and figure you'll be home by midnight or 12:30 (5.5 hours) then figure out how much time it will take to pick up and get there before the show and that's the number of hours you need.

I don't have any recommendations on a company other than to call a few and talk about what your options are. Depending on your group size, a black car service (Escalade or other luxury SUV) might be cheaper and easier to arrange for just a pick up and drop off at the venue.

Thanks for the info.

I think only my Dad is a fan of Steely Dan and he may have to work the next day, so they may just want to make it a short night and show up closer to the Eagles set. And in reality it's only another couple and their friend plus one more that's going, so I was already considering just doing the Escalade instead of the stretch. I just have to decide if I wanna give them the "Glamour Package" of the stretch, or just the benefit of the driver.

I was just thinking, I've heard of drinking in a stretch limo, but I know that may not be legal everywhere...and surely they won't let you if you're in just a regular car like an Escalade. Not that that is a deciding factor, but I googled to see if it was legal to drink in limos in Charlotte and this came up on one company's site:

6. No Drugs or Alcohol allowed except Beer, Wine or Champagne when all passengers are 21 or older in North Carolina. South Carolina is a No Open Container State in any type vehicle. All SFL vehicles are Non Smoking. Any law enforcement fines issued to the driver or passengers dealing with Alcoholic beverages will be paid for by the customer.

Is this confusing to anyone else? Regardless, I don't think they'll be drinking during the ride.

Should I try to surprise them with the whole package, tickets AND limo/car service at once, or just wait till I tell them about the concert and let them decide on the transportation? I've always been a fan of big gestures.

We looked into for a concert last year and you do have to book by the hour which makes it really expensive and they’re sitting there doing nothing.

My wife called a company and balked at the price and he said when the date got closer I’m give him a call and if it wasn’t booked we could talk about a better deal.

We booked it the week of and I think the plan was he would drop us off and pick us up and do ride share drives the rest of the time.

My wife’s cousin ended up getting very very sick on the way to the concert as she’s not a big drinker and we just went home.

That company doesn’t return my wife’s calls anymore.
Yea this is what I was curious about, whether this was any sort of option, since I know you can pay for point-to-point service, I just didn't know how to book that for a concert.

I just know it's going to be a great benefit since Limos usually have designated parking and as far as I know, you don't have to worry about parking fees, and most importantly the stress of finding/getting to your car and then the long waits to leave. Limos can pick you up at the doors and get out quick as a bunny.

Have you checked on a party bus?

What we got was actually a party bus.

I watched Wake blow it against UNC on the way home.

I think it makes economic sense if a big group of people is splitting the cost.

We were surprising people and there were only six of us so I didn’t want to pay full freight.

If some place is offering a “Glamour Package” to a Steely Dan show, I’m afraid you are obligated to take them up on it, or it could have disastrous consequences.

Have you checked on a party bus?
IDK if that'd be worth it for just 6 people...and they are all in their 60s, so they don't seem the type to take full advantage of the "Party" aspect of that kind of transportation....

But I'll definitely price it out and see if it would offer a savings.

6 of us took a limo to a concert at Spectrum about a year and a half ago. It was cool because he picked each of the 3 couples up at our separate houses, brought us to a restaurant, then from the restaurant to the arena (though honestly we could have walked faster at that point given the traffic), then picked us up right outside after and drove back to each of the 3 houses. I think it was through Silver Fox. I had gotten the concert tickets so someone else got the limo so I don't know how much it cost, but I think the driver just hung out Uptown during the show as we left beer and wine in the limo and it was there when he picked us up.

Thanks for the info.

I think only my Dad is a fan of Steely Dan and he may have to work the next day, so they may just want to make it a short night and show up closer to the Eagles set. And in reality it's only another couple and their friend plus one more that's going, so I was already considering just doing the Escalade instead of the stretch. I just have to decide if I wanna give them the "Glamour Package" of the stretch, or just the benefit of the driver.

I was just thinking, I've heard of drinking in a stretch limo, but I know that may not be legal everywhere...and surely they won't let you if you're in just a regular car like an Escalade. Not that that is a deciding factor, but I googled to see if it was legal to drink in limos in Charlotte and this came up on one company's site:

Is this confusing to anyone else? Regardless, I don't think they'll be drinking during the ride.

Should I try to surprise them with the whole package, tickets AND limo/car service at once, or just wait till I tell them about the concert and let them decide on the transportation? I've always been a fan of big gestures.
No offense but y'all pickle posters confuse me now and then. #carryon

HELLO ALL!

So things have gone all cattywampus since this thread was started.

My dad has to travel to Portland next week for work and my mom's brother was diagnosed with liver cancer yesterday, so I don't think the concert will be in the cards.

Luckily I never went with the limo, so the only thing I have to take care of is the tickets.

If anyone is interested in the tickets (I have 3), PM me, or email me at EMAIL.

Again, the concert is The Eagles/Steely Dan on Tuesday Nov. 7th (next Tuesday night).

THANKS!

Back