• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taliban Leader, Mullah Akhtar Mansour, likely killed in US drone strike

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-taliban-idUSKCN0YC0P6

The United States conducted a drone strike on Saturday against the leader of Afghan Taliban, likely killing him on the Pakistan side of the remote border region with Afghanistan in a mission authorized by U.S. President Barack Obama, officials said.
The death of Mullah Akhtar Mansour, should it be confirmed, could further fracture the Taliban - an outcome that experts cautioned might make the insurgents even less likely to participate in long-stalled peace efforts.

Thanks, Obama. Glad you could take 5 minutes to do something positive instead of taking everyone's guns.

i wonder if they killed the girl selling bread #eyeinthesky

I mean, the Taliban can get another leader, right?

I mean, the Taliban can get another leader, right?

There are two major factions within the Taliban right now. One is good to work out a peace deal to be a part of the Afghani government. One is in favor of the civil war going on right now in order to wrest back total control.

The power struggle over the next few weeks is going to be intense.

There are two major factions within the Taliban right now. One is good to work out a peace deal to be a part of the Afghani government. One is in favor of the civil war going on right now in order to wrest back total control.

The power struggle over the next few weeks is going to be intense.

Let me guess which one will win. Then we will have a bigger bunch of assholes to fight.

I would like to voice my appreciation of Obama's drone strategy. Compared to say, firebombing Dresden, drones are a relatively low impact way to rain down death and destruction on the assholes that would like to take down western civilization.

Thank you, Mr. President.

I would like to voice my appreciation of Obama's drone strategy. Compared to say, firebombing Dresden, drones are a relatively low impact way to rain down death and destruction on the assholes that would like to take down western civilization.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Thank you for letting the Air Force do its job.

Back