• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TAMU's Coach Kennedy has Parkinson's

That is terrible. I thought he did a great job at Murray State. Was one possession away from knocking Butler and Stevens out of the tourney.

Saw him give a speech at an FCA function at the NCAA Final Four in Houston this spring (he recvd an award). Quite a personal story, one of those guys you want to pull for. Very sad news....

I like like him to coach through it, rather than be sidelined by it. As long as he is cognitively okay and can speak, I think that he could be an inspiration to a lot of disease sufferers.

My father suffered from Parkinsons for 28 years before passing away this past Spring. Prayers to the Kennedy family - this disease will take you and your caregiver down hard.

he was on the bench last game. cyprien started the game standing up while kennedy was in the first asst chair. kennedy took over midway through the first and got a pretty solid ovation.

My father suffered from Parkinsons for 28 years before passing away this past Spring. Prayers to the Kennedy family - this disease will take you and your caregiver down hard.

Lost my dad a year ago at the end of this month from Parkinson's related causes. My sister took care of him for the last 5 years, and I will forever be in her debt. It is a terrible disease...

Prayers definitely needed for them.

My brother got to know him when he was coaching at SE LA. He's a good guy, and I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Back