• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tanner cleared to return, but coaches wouldn't let him back in?

Deacon2002

Reaction score
Tanner cleared to return, but coaches wouldn't let him back in?

That's what it sounds like:

“I tried to get back in there,” said Price, who had his helmet on and was running on the sideline in hopes of returning. “The doctors said I’d be all right, but the coaches said it’s a long season and there’s no point in further hurting yourself.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=201109010014

WOW...just WOW....

Let me get this straight, Grobe harps all preseason about guys needing to tough it out and practice/play through pain or minor injuries, then they don't let Tanner back in even though the trainers said it was okay???????

If Tanner doesn't get hurt or misses only one series we win that game last night.

Maybe the wrong decision in hindsight but it sounds like it was made in a kids best interest.

Hindsight? If Tanner's quote was right it was the wrong decision at the time. Doctors cleared him. Tanner wanted to play and was comfortable playing.

It's too bad we don't have any media members who will ask Grobe the blunt questions about some of his questionable decisions. I guess that's the price you pay for playing in a one-newspaper town.

this, if true, upsets me more than any thing else. clearly the staff had no faith in stachitas based on the play calling (and rightly so, he's terrible) so why if tanner's cleared to play do we at least not put him in for that last drive/start of ot.

Ugh.

It's a long season Tanner, the coaches will have plenty of opportunity to get you injured. Kind of like when they called a QB draw at the end of the first half when their only intention was to run out the clock.

Ugh.

It's a long season Tanner, the coaches will have plenty of opportunity to get you injured. Kind of like when they called a QB draw at the end of the first half when their only intention was to run out the clock.

FWIW - that was a busted play. The RB went the wrong way.

We need to build confidence and winning a BCS game on the road would do that.

Sense of urgency?

Let me get this straight, Grobe harps all preseason about guys needing to tough it out and practice/play through pain or minor injuries, then they don't let Tanner back in even though the trainers said it was okay???????

If Tanner doesn't get hurt or misses only one series we win that game last night.

:werd:

We need to build confidence and winning a BCS game on the road would do that.

Sense of urgency?

Not only that, in a game you almost have to win to have a realistic shot at a bowl. We have too many near-guaranteed losses on our schedule to play scared against Syracuse.

This.

Injuries are part of the game. How the coaching staff doesn't know this and have a plan in place in case your star QB goes down is beyond me.

I would have saved him for State too. You don't really know until you do an MRI. The bottom line is we should have won the game without him.

Unacceptable from the coaching staff. Simply unacceptable.

Back