• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tastiest recipe/method for fish on the grill - need it shortly!

scooter84

Jack Campbell
Reaction score
Go!

(everytime we make fish on the grill, it comes out rather bland... help!)

Texas Pete

Actually some of that cajun seasoning available at most grocery stores is a good bet.

There are many many fish. Do you want to be more specific?

Tuna steaks super rare with a nice sear are hard to beat. Or try a white fish on foil with salt and pepper in a fish taco.

There are many many fish. Do you want to be more specific?

Tuna steaks super rare with a nice sear are hard to beat. Or try a white fish on foil with salt and pepper in a fish taco.

At least you're trying... I have never had the nerve to try the tuna at home - though I love it out. We could go with the fish tacos... We typically do like a tilapia or something in foil with lemon, salt, pepper, etc. - and it just never seems that great... I suck at it, basically.
I told the wife I'd do something tonight so I am struggling last minute for ideas...

Tilapia is kind of a shitty fish. It's about as fatty as bacon but doesn't taste as good. You can still make it taste good in a taco with avocado, tomato, onion, pepper, and salsa. But I'd recommend a less fatty fish with garlic salt, lemon pepper, and pot herbs. Sprinkle some lemon on top.

Make a pan sauce of 2 parts tequila, 2 parts honey, 1 part lime juice. Cook it down on med-low heat, and baste the fish as it grills.

I make a glaze for grilled salmon that goes roughly: 1 tablespoon honey, 1-2 teaspoons of garlic chili sauce, and 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix it up and spoon half of it onto the salmon. Halfway through do the other half.

All you need is lemon, olive oil and rosemary in plentiful portions.

Buy a whole red snapper. Clean it, but leave the skin/head on. Fill it with a ton of veggies (peppers and onions are my favorite), allspice, basil, ground pepper, cumin, maybe even some bbq sauce, etc. Close the fish back up with everything in it and wrap it in tin foil. Throw it on the grill.

Beer-Batter2-139x300.jpg

Thank me later

Tilapia is grown in its own shit. Do not eat.

Marinate tuna steaks in lemon juice, soy, and garlic then grill them just for a couple of minutes per side. I do this pretty often - it's really easy and good. Swordfish is pretty great on the grill, as well. As other people have mentioned, tilapia is bland and not especially good for you.

Some great suggestions here but some came in after I was away from the computer and on the way to the store. I am putting them away to use next time...

I choked under pressure at the store and bought some fish they had already added stuff to. I was at Fresh Market and got a nice piece of pistachio-crusted flounder and a cod crusted in some other kind of nut or something (I forget now). Both turned out to be really good but I want to do something more on my own next time....

Back