• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TE - Now Student Coach - Zach Gordon

"Zach Gordon, who is considered by some to be Georgia’s No. 1 college football prospect at tight end, committed to Wake Forest on Friday.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pounder from Carrollton High School picked Wake Forest over Stanford among his 17 offers, which also included Kentucky, Virginia and South Florida."

Looks like a great get. I bet he will be 265 before he ever plays a snap at Groves.

Scout also lists Louisville and BC as having offered. Course they didn't list us as an interest much less an offer. Ha.

Welcome, Zach.

Whoa, you don't see this much in the recruiting articles:

Note: Through covering high school sports, I am fortunate to meet hundreds of kids every year, and there are always a small handful that make you say “Wow, they really have it together.” Zach Gordon is certainly one from this year. What about football? I think you can make a strong case for Zach as the state’s No. 1 tight end. He plays for one of the Georgia’s top high school programs under one of the state’s most successful veteran coaches. Zach immediately passes the eyeball test with his towering physique. I’ve seen most of the state’s top offensive linemen (linemen and tight ends), and the only 2012 prospect I can think of with a comparable body frame is Cedar Grove offensive tackle Brandon Greene, who is committed to Alabama. Tall, lean and not much baby fat. Surprisingly for a tight end (they all want the rock thrown to them), Zach loves blocking, which is music to the ears of any college coach. He is a proven commodity as a player with his performances on the football field during last year’s march to the state championship game. Don’t let the church/community outreach thing fool you; Zach is mean and nasty between the lines. He has had a tremendous growth spurt over the last six months. He seems to have an overwhelming amount of intangibles with his leadership, academic excellence, and high character. He reminds me a lot of outstanding student-athletes like UGA’s Chris Burnette (valedictorian candidate at Troup High School in 2009) and James Vaughters (4.0 GPA at Tucker High School and signed with Stanford last February).

Awesome, kid sounds like as good a representative for the University as one could ask for, and looks like a absolute stud football player as well. Great job Coach Grobe and staff. Oh and Lobo, start using the TE's!

I'll take a dozen just like him. Welcome to the family Zach!

Awesome, kid sounds like as good a representative for the University as one could ask for, and looks like a absolute stud football player as well. Great job Coach Grobe and staff. Oh and Lobo, start using the TE's!

Amen. Verbal from this kid. Greg Olsen to the Panthers. Banner week for TEs.

I love reading reports like this. Good football player, better kid.

We have had a lot of the ambiguous "new commit" threads lately. Can we put this guy's name in the title? Thnx.

Back