• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Teams most likely to make a run in the ACC Tourney?

PhonsoINT

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1554449-acc-tournament-2013-dark-horse-teams-to-watch-out-for-in-greensboro

Despite its poor conference record, Wake has some strengths.

The Demon Deacons are the second-best team in the ACC when it comes to stealing the ball, averaging 7.1 per game, trailing only North Carolina in that category.

Led by senior sharpshooter C.J. Harris (15 PPG on 40.7 percent 3-point shooting), the Demon Deacons pose a huge threat this postseason as a low-seeded team coming into the ACC Tournament.

Wake has nothing to lose and will be playing the role of spoiler in an effort to earn an automatic bid to the 2013 NCAA Tournament like the rest of the conference's cellar dwellers.

Wake Forest will be playing with no pressure this March, and that's what makes it so dangerous.

I actually do think we're most likely to make run, as in run to the bus to get the heck out of G'boro after the Twerps hand us our ass again.

We're tired of being a "cellar dweller."

Sadly, with Syr, Pitt, ND and later Louisville coming into the ACC, we better get used to it.

We're tired of being a "cellar dweller."

Sadly, with Syr, Pitt, ND and later Louisville coming into the ACC, we better get used to it.

It's going to be a tough road... at least let us do it with an inspiring coach who can use the talent we have...

Trying to remember the last time I cared about the ACCT.
And wondering when I'll ever care again.

It's amusing think WF can do something in the ACCT. What's our road/away record again? And look at the talent and coaching that's come through Wake since Duncan et al run our last ACC Championship (17 years ago) and we didn't do shit then. And people think we'll do it now? With this team and coach?

Puff, puff, give.

Heh.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/colleges/acc-men-s-tournament-capsules-for-this-week-1.109139

Wake Forest

Records: 13-17, 6-12 ACC

The High: Erasing a huge deficit at home against NC State in late January was the coming out party for Devin Thomas and was part of Wake’s surprising dominance at Joel Coliseum, where the Deacons went 6-3 in the ACC.

The Low: [Insert worst mind-bending ACC loss of your choice here] It’s one thing to lose road games, it’s another to drop them in a fashion where the competitive nature of the game is over before the second media timeout.

I'd give us the least chance of anyone actually with our draw. And oh yeah, we suck too

Dick is a different team with Kelly back. The only team that can challenge them is Miami, and they've mostly been in the tank the last few weeks. UNC simply can't hang with Dick, UVA has been in the tank since their beating Dick and MD@Alaska is a turnover machine. Glad I don't have tix.

Have we ever beat UM in the ACC tournament? I feel like we're 0 for the history of the conference against them in tournament play.

What makes anyone think this team can make a run? If they happen to steal one in the first round they wil be more than satisfied and will fold like a card table in the second round.

This guy hasn't watched enough of Wake to see us quit.

Back