• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tebow Time: Brady leaves practice with knee injury

Seriously. Tebow will never see the field in a Patriots uniform. Period. If Brady and Mallett went down, the Patriots would probably look externally for a QB. There's a chance Tebow doesn't even make the team. There is some speculation that the Patriots will just roll with 2 QBs and fill that vacant spot with another pass rusher or a 5th running back (Brandon Bolden).

Glad to hear Tom's OK.

You really think belichick would welcome this spectacle if he didn't intend on using him in some form or fashion?

We're a murder away from Tebow/Pats being daily front page news out of NE.

You really think belichick would welcome this spectacle if he didn't intend on using him in some form or fashion?

We're a murder away from Tebow/Pats being daily front page news out of NE.
I truly believe Belichick brought Tebow in with the intention of his role beginning and ending as the 3rd string QB. I really don't think Belichick gives a flying you know what about the media. Just look at his press conferences. All in all, the media hype around Tebow died down pretty quickly after his first few days when the media began to realize that Tebow's role will be nothing more than 3rd string QB. I'm not sure what Tebow's role could be besides QB. They're obviously not going to take #12 out of the game, so there goes any Wildcat possibilities. Running back? Umm, no chance, considering they may have 5 RBs on the roster (Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Bolden, Blount). Tight end? I don't see it considering Tebow has never been asked to catch a football in his life. It's honestly insulting to not only the NE tight ends but tight ends all across the NFL to suggest that a guy who has played QB his whole life can just miraculously become a serviceable tight end and take away their playing time (not saying the Patriots' tight ends besides Gronk are good or anything).

Besides, Tebow's contract is not guaranteed money. They could cut him and not have to pay him anything. Even if he does make the roster, he will be making the league minimum. A cheap 3rd stringer is all the Hoodie saw when he signed him in my opinion.

That said, I really don't understand why they signed him in the first place. His style of play does not coincide in the least with the Patriots playbook, which is designed more for pocket passers. In the unlikely event that Brady and Mallett both went down, they would have to completely change their offensive gameplan for Tebow. I got a good glimpse of that experiment in the first preseason game, and it wasn't pretty at all.

Last edited:
I thought teams had to declare an emergency third QB for every game?

Agree with Woody. Maybe Belichick wanted to have a 3rd string QB who can run the read option with the scout offense if he thinks he's going to face that a bunch this year.

Back