• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tebow

i think "unparalleled ability to read the defense quickly and correctly" is more than a slight exaggeration. he reads defense correctly because he can stand back there like a statue and wait for guys to come open. reads correctly for sure. and he's accurate. like a lot of guys. to me, that does not make him a top 2 QB of all time.

how many current (and past for that matter) QBs would be just as successful playing for the best organization with the best coaches and behind the best offensive line? more than one, that's for damn sure.

A big reason Tom Brady has so much time in the pocket is because it's suicide to blitz him. While he doesn't like to get hit, you better reach him with 4 rushers because you don't want to give him numbers. I know you're just getting a rise out of people, and you don't really believe Brady to be as pedestrian as you say. Because the alternative is you're retarded.

i think "unparalleled ability to read the defense quickly and correctly" is more than a slight exaggeration. he reads defense correctly because he can stand back there like a statue and wait for guys to come open. reads correctly for sure. and he's accurate. like a lot of guys. to me, that does not make him a top 2 QB of all time.

how many current (and past for that matter) QBs would be just as successful playing for the best organization with the best coaches and behind the best offensive line? more than one, that's for damn sure.
This post was solid for a good laugh.

No, he wasn't even the top QB on a lot of draft boards.

Never knew that. Admittedly, I didnt pay attention to the draft coverage as much as I normally do last year due to the lock out. I was still in "boycott bitter fan" mode.

A big reason Tom Brady has so much time in the pocket is because it's suicide to blitz him. While he doesn't like to get hit, you better reach him with 4 rushers because you don't want to give him numbers. I know you're just getting a rise out of people, and you don't really believe Brady to be as pedestrian as you say. Because the alternative is you're retarded.

the reason that he has so much time in the pocket is because his offensive line gives him so much time in the pocket. i think anybody who actually believes that he is 2nd best QB of all time is less intelligent than my loose stool

This post was solid for a good laugh.

thank you loose stool

Come on Millhouse do you really not think Brady is anything special? I don't really like the guy but IF he wins another this season I don't really see how you can argue with him being Top 5 ever, and really Top 2 isn't a stretch. He may be playing with a great coach and in an era where the NFL has made passing easier than in the past but he's still the best of his generation IMO.

Come on Millhouse do you really not think Brady is anything special? I don't really like the guy but IF he wins another this season I don't really see how you can argue with him being Top 5 ever, and really Top 2 isn't a stretch. He may be playing with a great coach and in an era where the NFL has made passing easier than in the past but he's still the best of his generation IMO.

titles don't mean jack shit when talking about playing the position of QB, unless you think that terry bradshaw is one of the best QBs of all time.

off the top of my head, which of the following is brady better than and why

elway
montana
marino
young
fouts
staubach
unitas
starr

peyton manning is better for sure. rodgers and brees probably better too.

If there was another Milhouse, he'd be making smartass comments making fun of the crap Milhouse is spewing on this thread. I don't want to parse numbers but Brady is definitely one of the all-time greats, arguably the greatest of his generation.

how is peyton manning "better for sure" than Brady?

have you watched both of them play? that's how. championships as the be all end all measurement for QBs is such a pathetic argument. football isn't golf for fuck's sake.

If there was another Milhouse, he'd be making smartass comments making fun of the crap Milhouse is spewing on this thread. I don't want to parse numbers but Brady is definitely one of the all-time greats, arguably the greatest of his generation.

lol, parse away.

"have you watched both of them play? that's how."

Jesus H, Milhouse. I've watched both play their whole careers. Please tell me how Peyton is so demonstratively better than Brady.

MVPs and the record of their teams when they were injured is probably the best argument for Peyton.

"have you watched both of them play? that's how."

Jesus H, Milhouse. I've watched both play their whole careers. Please tell me how Peyton is so demonstratively better than Brady.

he can throw on the move better (since, you know, he doesn't always have 10 seconds to pick out open receivers behind a brick wall of an OL).

he rarely had a running game to support him, therefore he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

his D has been significantly worse, therefore he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

the patriots are a superior organization from the ownership down to the head coach, so personnel decisions are better. therefore manning has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

he didn't "win" a title on the back of a kicker, since he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

brady has never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever been forced to be the entire team. never.

manning out for the season, colts get the #1 pick. brady out for the season, matt cassell is QB for a team that goes 11-5.

he can throw on the move better (since, you know, he doesn't always have 10 seconds to pick out open receivers behind a brick wall of an OL).

he rarely had a running game to support him, therefore he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

his D has been significantly worse, therefore he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

the patriots are a superior organization from the ownership down to the head coach, so personnel decisions are better. therefore manning has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

he didn't "win" a title on the back of a kicker, since he has been forced to carry his team each and every game.

brady has never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever been forced to be the entire team. never.

manning out for the season, colts get the #1 pick. brady out for the season, matt cassell is QB for a team that goes 11-5.

Milhouse, on a board with some ridiculous arguments, this may be one of the most ridiculous. I couldn't tell if you were hyping up Brady or Peyton on the first three. You could say the exact same thing about Brady for 1-3. I'd argue #4 would apply for both until recently. Bill Polian and Jim Irsay have had stellar reputations for acquiring talent. As far as #5, they both won their Super Bowls on the back of the same kicker. I'd argue there were some years when the Pats defense was as shaky as it is now and they struggled with skill position talent that Brady was the team. I'd say both teams were strong top to bottom when Cassell took over for the year.

I think people will look back on this season without Peyton like most of us look back at the 2005-06 Wake basketball team without Chris Paul. Paul wouldn't have been the difference between a bad team and a great team. They would have been good, just good. Same with the Colts.

Milhouse, on a board with some ridiculous arguments, this may be one of the most ridiculous. I couldn't tell if you were hyping up Brady or Peyton on the first three. You could say the exact same thing about Brady for 1-3. I'd argue #4 would apply for both until recently. Bill Polian and Jim Irsay have had stellar reputations for acquiring talent. As far as #5, they both won their Super Bowls on the back of the same kicker. I'd argue there were some years when the Pats defense was as shaky as it is now and they struggled with skill position talent that Brady was the team. I'd say both teams were strong top to bottom when Cassell took over for the year.

I think people will look back on this season without Peyton like most of us look back at the 2005-06 Wake basketball team without Chris Paul. Paul wouldn't have been the difference between a bad team and a great team. They would have been good, just good. Same with the Colts.

if you think that in the past decade the colts have been better with respect to 1-3 than the patriots then you are an idiot. that's the nicest way i can put it.

polian was so great he just got fired for doing a shitty job. good point.

the organization was so smart that they thought jim caldwell was the correct HC hire after dungy left.

as far as #5, another goofy point. vinateri is the reason the pats won the first SB. THE reason. vinateri was the best player on that team. are you saying he was the best player on the colts team too? (please say yes. please say yes)

Last edited:
Back