• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tech question - HD videos

91deac

Richard Joyce
Reaction score
Guys,

I coached my sons' AAU basketball teams and one of the parents recorded all of the games on a Sony HD Cam. They stopped recording on the dead balls, so each game is basically 30 to 40 small clips about 90 mb each (3 GB total).

My kids love to see themselves play on the video, so I was trying to find a way to share the videos with the other kids on the team.

- Is there a way to combine all of the small clips into a single clip and compress it down to a much smaller size, without losing too much quality?

- Once compressed, could I fit several games (8 to 10) onto a single DVD or flash drive for each kid? Is there another high storage / low cost option?

- Or, is there a place on the web to post several of the compressed files and share them with the kids? I tried youtube, but the files took forever to upload.

As you can tell, I am pretty non-technical, but if you someone can point me in the right direction to get started, I would greatly appreciate the headstart.

Thanks for any help.

1) Send Drew the video files in the mail.

2) Tell me how many DVDs you need.

3) I'll mail them back.

4) Repay Drew with beer.

Use Windows Movie Maker? Its not the best program in the world, but itll do to consolidate small video clips into one file to burn onto a DVD

thx - ill try movie maker and then work on getting beer for drew.

Back