• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Teen birth rate hits all-time low led by 50% decline among Black and Hispanic teens

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...decline-among-hispanics-and-blacks/?tid=sm_fb

The birthrate among American teenagers, at crisis levels in the 1990s, has fallen to an all-time low, according to an analysis released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The decline of the past decade has occurred in all regions in the country and among all races. But the most radical changes have been among Hispanic and black teens, whose birthrates have dropped nearly 50 percent since 2006.
Theories on the reasons for the dramatic shift include everything from new approaches to sex education to the widespread availability of broadband Internet. But most experts agree on the two major causes.
The first is the most important and may be obvious: Today’s teens enjoy better access to contraception and more convenient contraception than their predecessors, and more of them are taking advantage of innovations — such as long-acting injectable and implantable methods that can last years — over a daily birth control pill. But the second cause is something that goes against the conventional wisdom. It’s that teens — despite their portrayal in popular TV and movies as uninhibited and acting only on hormones — are having less sex.
“There has been a change in social norms that has happened in the past 20 years, and the idea of not having sex or delaying sex is now something that can be okay,” said Bill Albert, chief program officer for the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.

The decline in birthrates has been going on for most of the past decade but appears to be accelerating. The issue has been important to President Obama, who in 2010 launched a $110 million initiative to scientifically validate prevention programs that work and to replicate them throughout the country.
The nation’s teen birthrate peaked in 1991, a time when posters of sad, pregnant girls were plastered on buses and subway stations and when popular culture was filled with references to “babies having babies.” The alarm was backed by evidence showing that having unplanned children at a young age carries numerous negative health and social consequences.
Over the next 23 years, the birthrate plummeted 60 percent, from 61.8 births per 1,000 in 1991 to 24.2 births per 1,000 in 2014 — the lowest rate on record. Yet even with the dramatic improvement, studies still estimate that teen births cost taxpayers $9 billion each year.

Thanks Obama?

Birth Control Pills on fleek!

But seriously suck it you fucking cunty ass two faced fake as fuck wanna be Christians.

Embrace the positive points of your religion, not the poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news. Thanks for posting PH.

Birth Control Pills on fleek!

But seriously suck it you fucking cunty ass two faced fake as fuck wanna be Christians.

Embrace the positive points of your religion, not the poison.

What precipitated this?

I'd say 14 bud light limes and a couple of bumps.

Jhmd? Why has the free money giveaway from low expectation liberals not kept the teen pregnancy rate high?

Where the fuck is jhmd? This one of the cornerstones of his entire economic philosophy and approach to governing. This news runs counter to everything he has been posting on the board for years. He must be retooling. How will he fight the scourge of liberals handing money to teen mothers over and over if they stop?

2and2, maybe you can help him out

bkf is conspicuously absent from a thread that challenges his position.

Looks like the minimum sentencing guidelines for the war on drugs have a positive effect somewhere, amirite? :couch:

I refuse to treat good news as anything but.

I'm glad to know that the repeated, weary claims that this was un-possible in a privilege-less America were the hot air we all knew that they were.

Back