• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Telecom Rep From Hell

Retention agent sounds like he's actually pretty decent at his job. Problem is Comcast training him to be like that is disgusting.

A week after the posting of the neediest customer-retention call in Comcast history, the fallout continues, with the company’s Chief Operating Officer telling Comcast employees in a memo leaked to Consumerist that the incident was “painful to listen to,” but that the rep “did a lot of what we trained him…to do.”

http://consumerist.com/2014/07/21/c...ion-call-was-doing-what-we-trained-him-to-do/

I cancelled DirecTV last year when moving because my current place won't allow it. When I explained my situation it was a very quick and simple call, as was everything with them. I still get like 2 mailings a week asking me to come back, including the occasional handwritten card. I will go back to them eventually when I can, and I'm dreading the call to cancel Comcast.

They are almost certainly not allowed to tell you that you cannot have directv.

Posted this on the pissed off rant here thread as well but thought it was more appropriate here:

My girlfriend's family recently switched from RCN to Comcast for all services and they have no joke spent the last six weeks trying to get Comcast to fix a problem with their phones. They can call out from their home phone but aren't receiving any phone calls in - when you get a phone call from the house it shows the number that is attached with the Comcast account. Her dad has called Comcast 11 times (through this weekend) and they haven't fixed it yet. They keep insisting it's on RCN's end, who said that it's not possible since all bills have been paid and they are no longer servicing the account. Only after the last call to Comcast where he just chewed out this poor girl on the other end of the phone and said that they had 24 hours to fix it or they were leaving Comcast did they file it as a high priority issue. She said that she didn't have any record of the problem being addressed on the file despite the fact that they had on three different occasions said that it would be either fixed in a day or a phone call would be made to the house. She said twice they tried to call the house and nobody picked up.

THE PROBLEM THEY'RE TRYING TO FIX IS THE HOME PHONE DOESN'T RECEIVE CALLS.

Just utter incompetence. Hilariously so.

Comcast's response:

"We are very embarrassed by the way our employee spoke with Mr. Block and are contacting him to personally apologize," the company said in a statement.

I'm sure the very last thing he wants is to get back on the phone with anyone from Comcast. Would be funny if he recorded that call too and got similar treatment. Comcast probably can't help themselves.

My girlfriend's family recently switched from RCN to Comcast

RCN is far and away the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with, especially back when they were Starpower. One day the tech was a couple hours late and when I called to check his ETA the response from customer service was "look nigga, he'll be there when he gets there." Uh, OK.

The problems I've had with comcast always stem from the fact that there are different departments within comcast that aren't able to directly speak with each other. Customer Service, for example, is physically unable to communicate directly with Tech Service. And both are physically unable to communicate directly with Maintenance (who connects a house to the main lines). It too me 2 weeks and 8 visits from comcast before I was able to get my house connected to the main lines. By the end of it all I was talking directly to a VP at Comcast who assured me that if everything wasn't fixed on the next visit that he would start killing people. Shit got fixed real quick.

We are getting ready to move and hook up DirecTV but it looks like we will have to keep Comcast internet. I'm trying to sign up online, and it keeps telling me I'm not entering a valid SSN.

Pretty sure this has been my SSN for 30 years. I'm familiar with it.

They want me to call and talk to a rep.

Back