• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about BOISE, ID

drdeac

Reaction score
Just got matched to my residency there. When I was interviewing there a few months ago it seemed like a cool place with a lot of ability to hike, climb, and stay outside. I could at least go to Boise State football games during the fall. Seemed to be a fairly young crowd there too. Anyone have any experience with Boise or and positive/negative things?

Any ideas, help, or experiences would be appreciated.

Went out there for the MD bowl game in 2008....there's a decent ski lodge up one of the mountains if you'll be there during the winter. We were only out there for a short period so didn't do too much exploring but it seemed like a nice small city. A few decent bars (one with a mechanical bull that some players went to after the win) and a short flight to Vegas.

And potatoes are no joke...had the best hash browns and home fries of my life out there.

Great town; really underrated. My fiancee's parents have basically retired and settled down there, and we've visited twice.

You've basically nailed it: tons of outdoor activities, college town, lots of natural beauty. You'll enjoy it.

Awesome, thats the feel I got while there for interviews. After 4 years in Chicago, I'm excited to go live/work in a place with four seasons!

Nice tags BTW. I love "hit bz with a potato"

They have a blue field, and just NW of there, EWU has a red field. Strange taste in football field colors. That's all I have.

Boise is awesome. My sister lives there and you're going to love it. Lots of cool bars and places to eat, plus Boise on game days is a great time. Obviously a ton of outdoors stuff to do. The only drawback is that it is a pain in the ass to get to (or get back from there).

You're close to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, which is pretty much the most beautiful part of America. Take advantage.

on the flip side you'll have no chance of surviving the supervolcano

You're close to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, which is pretty much the most beautiful part of America. Take advantage.

and 6 hrs from portland.
I've met quite a few folks from there, and from what I gather, they like it. Lots of entertainment opportunities if you like being outside, and Boise itself is growing in its food/activity offerings.

Spent an evening with the wife in Boise over the weekend on the way back from Yellowstone and Teton. Got the vibe that it was a cool town, although didn't have a ton of time to see much.

One thing I'll note is that on a nice, warm summer evening, downtown Boise was crawling with cute chicks looking for a good time.

Back