• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about Memphis

tiltdeac

Reaction score
I'm heading to Memphis for a month starting this Sunday. I'll be staying in an apartment right by St Jude. Tell me cool stuff to do/see/eat.

Bendini, Lambert and Locke is a top notch firm but they do work for the mob.

Beale street and Rendezvous BBQ.

Other than that, Memphis is a shitty, shitty town.

I just moved to Memphis a month ago. It gets an incredibly bad, and undeserved, rap from outsiders. There is a lot to do here, especially if you are only here for a month. Local food scene is great, fun things to do along the river, Beale St of course but the whole music history (Stax, Sun), Rock N Soul Museum, National Civil Rights Museum, Overton Square and Cooper-Young districts in Midtown are fun. Don't believe what you hear.

Raiford's Hollywood Disco

#1 bar in the world

Raiford's Hollywood Disco

#1 bar in the world

Yea, I mean any bar that only serves 40s, has a bouncer packing heat for the dance floor and has a drum set you can bang on the dancefloor is pretty awesome.

Yea, I mean any bar that only serves 40s, has a bouncer packing heat for the dance floor and has a drum set you can bang on the dancefloor is pretty awesome.

Not to mention a Cadillac limo that will come pick you up anywhere in the area to bring to the bar

Not to mention a Cadillac limo that will come pick you up anywhere in the area to bring to the bar

It has moved locations from the picture you posted in the bar thread by the way.

I didn’t realize the effect [the MLK shooting] had on that city…I think from people we talk to and stuff we’ve read, the shooting kind of set the tone with how the city thinks about stuff. We were at Game 3. Great crowd, they fall behind, and the whole crowd got tense. It was like, 'Oh no, something bad's gonna happen.' And I think it starts from that shooting.
- Bill Simmons, 5/30/13

I just moved to Memphis a month ago. It gets an incredibly bad, and undeserved, rap from outsiders. There is a lot to do here, especially if you are only here for a month. Local food scene is great, fun things to do along the river, Beale St of course but the whole music history (Stax, Sun), Rock N Soul Museum, National Civil Rights Museum, Overton Square and Cooper-Young districts in Midtown are fun. Don't believe what you hear.

Only 3 hours 15 mins from Nashville ;)

I happen to think Memphis is a pretty rockin town. Go to Silky O Sullivans, you won't regret it.

birthplace of 3-6 mafia. NOOOOOOOOOOOOORTH PUT YO THUMBS UP NINJAS

Memphis is underrated. Try wiseacre microbrewery. Restaurants - Cooper young - alchemy and sweet grass. Steak - folks folly is legit. Andrew Michael, hog n hominy and interim all very good. Restaurant Iris is top 50 US - need reservation. Brass door pub downtown. Redbirds (cards triple a) play downtown, cool ballpark. If you are in Memphis for a month, go to Shelby farms, great public park, trails etc. I don't know kid situation - zoo is great. Live music options abound

Back