• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about Nashville

Can anyone recommend a good pre-game bar downtown bar for the day of the game. Good food and TVs will be necessary. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone recommend a good pre-game bar downtown bar for the day of the game. Good food and TVs will be necessary. Thanks in advance.

Rippy's across the street from Tootsie's is pretty good w/ tvs and food.

Rippy's across the street from Tootsie's is pretty good w/ tvs and food.

Second this.

It was no NC BBQ, but I had a really good pulled pork sandwich there (if you get a sandwich make sure to get it on cornmeal cakes instead of a regular roll...and thank me later)

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

Last edited:
Anybody been to/have an opinion on Rotier's over by the Vandy campus? I'm reading good things about their award winning cheeseburger. Prince's is already on my list, but I'm looking for some other interesting local places.

Anybody been to/have an opinion on Rotier's over by the Vandy campus? I'm reading good things about their award winning cheeseburger. Prince's is already on my list, but I'm looking for some other interesting local places.

My buddy is doing the Vandy MBA and he swears by that place and Arnold's.

I've only been to Arnold's out of the two, highly recommend that place.

Ate at Rotier's when I went to Nashville in the spring - very good burger, IMO. Old School, establishment-type vibe there too.

Whomever suggested Princes Hot Chicken Shack, bless you. Just had lunch there and it was delicious. May be a little dicey in a few hours, but hot damn that chicken was good.

Whomever suggested Princes Hot Chicken Shack, bless you. Just had lunch there and it was delicious. May be a little dicey in a few hours, but hot damn that chicken was good.

Moon...

Btw, watch out for your bunghole man.

I dug this thread out instead of starting another one because I just found out that I was selected for an internship and will be in Nashville from January - May. I'm looking for recs on places to look for housing, other general musings, and maybe some PIT peeps to hang with. I will be working in the Capitol. TIA!

It stars Mrs. Coach Taylor and the little girl from Remember the Titans.

I dug this thread out instead of starting another one because I just found out that I was selected for an internship and will be in Nashville from January - May. I'm looking for recs on places to look for housing, other general musings, and maybe some PIT peeps to hang with. I will be working in the Capitol. TIA!

check PM

Is Prince's over Hattie B's still the play? The OGB seem to love Prince's but the rest of the internet seems to favor Hattie B's.

Also heading there next week if anyone has any new recommendations.

Is Prince's over Hattie B's still the play? The OGB seem to love Prince's but the rest of the internet seems to favor Hattie B's.

That question has come up a few times on this thread I think. The answer probably depends on whether or not you care about the cultural aspect of driving to the other side of town to eat at the original Hot Chicken joint, vs just being hungry for hot fried chicken, in which both restaurants are comperable.

I can't comment on one over the other, but I went to Hattie B's in September and liked it. I was the only one in my group brave enough to try the hot variety and don't regret it. It was spicy but still enjoyable.

...I was the only one in my group brave enough to try the hot variety and don't regret it. It was spicy but still enjoyable.

So yeah, don't do that at Prince's. Prince's hot will terrorize your colon and spincter.

Back