• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennessee and the Travel Ban

TN is correct in this application. Fuck California and Fuck RJKarl.

Holy shit that website JHMD.

Headlines on that page:

"House Dems Hired a Fired McDonald's Worker As Their IT Guy"
"Police Report Undermines 'Hate Crime' Narrative In Milwaukee Attack on Muslim Woman"
"Here are 5 Examples of LGBT Anti-Christian Bullying"
"Even Jared Kushner is Talking About This Dress Melania Trump Wore"

Next up for JHMD in his morning reading: Infowars, followed by Breitbart, ending with Conservapedia.

TN is correct in this application. Fuck California and Fuck RJKarl.

I don't think this is quite right. Its point about how California should respect its policy differences is dumb. That's the entire point of democracy--people/entities who disagree with your policies can voice their concerns and take action accordingly, and if they have enough influence, then the policy might have to change.

The Tenth Amendment doesn't mean that nobody outside a state can question what a state is doing.

Tennessee vs California I think the odds are astronomically favoring one over the other.

Let's see. One side has taken the position that it won't support a state that supports discrimination versus the other saying "fuck you, we want to discriminate". Hmmm.....

Let's see. One side has taken the position that it won't support a state that supports discrimination versus the other saying "fuck you, we want to discriminate". Hmmm.....

tell me more about russian collusion you big baby

CA should expect to be told to fuck off with their imposition of travel bans. NCAA should force their hand by sending UCLA or Cal to the Memphis site, assuming they have any chance of making the tournament, which they usually don't.

CA should expect to be told to fuck off with their imposition of travel bans. NCAA should force their hand by sending UCLA or Cal to the Memphis site, assuming they have any chance of making the tournament, which they usually don't.

Relative to sports, the above will eventually happen - namely a CA team will end up needing to travel to one of the states on their do not pay for travel list. I think that list is now up to 8 or 10 states. That won't happen b/c the NCAA is "forcing" their hand, but just because that's the way the bracket will break. Say UCLA's softball team needs to play Tennessee and Tennessee is the higher seed and gets to play in Knoxville.

I'd also like to know if CA applies this same standard on travel to trips to foreign countries. If not, they should perhaps consider doing so.

Does CA collect any taxes on commercial flights or rental cars? If so, doesn't that sort of make really implementing the travel cost ban that much more difficult?

Also of some note, it was USC (I know they are a private school) that helped Bear Bryant finally integrate the Alabama football team by agreeing to play a game in Birmingham (which USC won easily behind Sam Cunningham). Sometimes it is better to demonstrate by example than to try and shame others into change.

Last edited:
Relative to sports, the above will eventually happen - namely a CA team will end up needing to travel to one of the states on their do not pay for travel list. I think that list is now up to 8 or 10 states. That won't happen b/c the NCAA is "forcing" their hand, but just because that's the way the bracket will break. Say UCLA's softball team needs to play Tennessee and Tennessee is the higher seed and gets to play in Knoxville.

I'd also like to know if CA applies this same standard on travel to trips to foreign countries. If not, they should perhaps consider doing so.

What ? No way California sends an economic development junket to China. NO ! WAY !

I think this was dated. UCLA was in the Memphis Regional Final with Kentucky, Butler and...idk, somebody else.

UCLA made the trip. It is almost like feel-good political correctness flails like this one are more for show than anything.

Republicans have to pass laws like this so the lower-middle class white people who elect them will remain under the impression the republicans represent their interests.

Back