• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis Question related to new baseball Wake Medical Facility

socaldeac

Reaction score
The tennis service is motion is very similar to the pitching motion of throwing a curve ball. Would this facility also be able to be used to review tennis service motions and other tennis motions to minimize damage to tennis players shoulders and elbows?

If so it also could be used as a recruiting advantage for WFU tennis as well as evaluating Pro Players tennis swings at the annual W-S Open in order to prevent injuries?

RAFI what is your perspective?

The tennis service is motion is very similar to the pitching motion of throwing a curve ball. Would this facility also be able to be used to review tennis service motions and other tennis motions to minimize damage to tennis players shoulders and elbows?

If so it also could be used as a recruiting advantage for WFU tennis as well as evaluating Pro Players tennis swings at the annual W-S Open in order to prevent injuries?

RAFI what is your perspective?

It’s an interesting thought. The motion is similar, but the rates of shoulder and elbow injuries in tennis are not nearly as high as in baseball. That’s why there are pitch count rules in little league but no serve count rules. Serve counts also are not tracked during practice and training like pitch counts are.

I haven’t been in the new baseball facility, but I wonder if the ceiling is high enough to accommodate a serve toss.

It’s an interesting thought. The motion is similar, but the rates of shoulder and elbow injuries in tennis are not nearly as high as in baseball. That’s why there are pitch count rules in little league but no serve count rules. Serve counts also are not tracked during practice and training like pitch counts are.

I haven’t been in the new baseball facility, but I wonder if the ceiling is high enough to accommodate a serve toss.

I would think tennis elbow, and other arm shoulder injuries that happen due to wear and tear over time due to not ideal tennis strokes could be corrected earlier rather than later.

Back