• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Texas's AD to "retire"

Mack Brown and Rick Barnes better pack their stuff.

The new AD will clean house.

Good timing for UT to nudge Dodds out at a time when they need to make hires in both football and hoops. There should be no shortage of ADs wanting to be the Tejas AD. No excuse for them not to be great at everything with the kind of $$ they're rolling in.

Good timing for UT to nudge Dodds out at a time when they need to make hires in both football and hoops. There should be no shortage of ADs wanting to be the Tejas AD. No excuse for them not to be great at everything with the kind of $$ they're rolling in.

Hmmm....

Push the banner back to Texas' next home game. Change the "F" to an "H". Problem solved.

I believe Wellman is 65. BTW, Jim Grobe is 61 and Jeff [Redacted] is 60 (will be 61 on December 1). Hard to characterize the key men behind the WF athletic department as anything other than old men.

Last edited:
Texas doing things the right way. Forced retirement midseason of the ad. New ad comes in and chooses his guys. I think Wellman would be better off spending the spring focusing on the NCAA tournament than having to worry about being AD. Time to hang it up Ron.

I believe Wellman is 65. BTW, Jim Grobe is 61 and Jeff [Redacted] is 60 (will be 61 on December 1). Hard to characterize the key men behind the WF athletic department as anything other than old men.

Is there another athletic department among the BCS conferences where the 3 most important figureheads are all over 60 years old?

#phdeacbatsignal

Something to look up, but it's not unusual for old men to be in charge of things.

I don't know that age is the issue: Passion, goals, rational thought maybe.

Maybe Wellman can take some culture change to the Longhorns...

.. OK gimme a break for dream'n a bit. :p

Hatch is 67 and Duke's Dick Brodhead is 66.

Back