• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tger trying to get Elin back

Ok, so obviously love has nothing to do with this if we're talking $550 million dollars just to get her to marry him. That leaves nothing but sex, and that could be had for a hell of a lot cheaper with women just as good looking.

Or he thinks she is the key to his golf game coming back.

I just can't believe this is true... mainly the part about the new financial terms...

If it is (and there's nothing more to it)... just, wow Elin, wow... What would be more understandable/clever (though, certainly nontraditional) and let me keep some respect for Elin would be a $350MM "cheating clause" that would go straight to charities of the cheated-upon's choice.

Would his attorneys even allow such a deal to be made? I guess he can give away his fortune like that if he wanted to, but it seems almost insane.

Dude is on the road most of his life. I doubt being married to her would change much as far as kids go.

Don't golfers family's travel with them alot? I mean the kids are the only real reason a really rich person would be willing to pay so much, and that's not irrational.

I don't see a woman who wants $500 million to remarry as the type to follow Tiger around, living out of hotels and rental houses, while he works. No amount of money in the world makes that very easy or enjoyable with kids, unless you just hand the kids to a nanny and schedule time to see them.

Don't golfers family's travel with them alot? I mean the kids are the only real reason a really rich person would be willing to pay so much, and that's not irrational.

I've always been under the impression that they don't. On Sundays, I feel like I've heard a lot of announcers mention the wives/families flying in for the guys in contention for the win after the first two rounds.

The top guys might handle things differently (although I certainly don't remember seeing Elin anywhere but the majors); but I imagine lugging around extra people loses its luster pretty quick after you have to make plans to jet early after the cut. I know some share planes... So I would think that makes group travel pretty tough, especially considering caddies, bags, etc.

Last edited:
No, they typically don't travel as most kids are school age and new to stay home. Also, tournament golf is a very solitary existence where you don't want your wife/ kids along as a distraction while you are trying to make a living.

Maybe he actually loves her. To me though it still seems he has yet to deal with his demons.

Back