• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thad Matta

AH shit, I had that after a car accident and still do to some extent. It's maddening. Fortunately I'm young and my nerves are healing. I guess I have to hate Matta a little less. , I had/have it in both feet and my injuries were much, much, much worse. I don't lay down when I feel pain, I just put it out of my mind. I was told I'd never walk again, that was scary. I told the the doctor to fuck himself. I get to walk into his office tomorrow with no cane or help. I hope he remembers me cause it's the first thing I'm saying to him.

Last edited:
Yikes, Caturday. Hate to hear that. Take care of yourself and all the best.

Thanks I'll know in about an hour just how far my nerves have come back. If it doesn't heal at least it'll help my career as I fill a minority quota.

My uncle had foot drop for a while then it went away his problems were very similar to Matta. Matta seems to be the unlucky one.

I can't hate Thad Matta for just being a great coach.

You can't look at him and tell that he has severe medical issues?

Coached with Thad's brother for 2 years. Got to know Thad in 2004 when I went up there to coach at his camp at Xavier. No way you can hate Thad. Great guy, great family (was able to share a meal with him, his wife, and his 2 daughters).

I wrote him a note every year along with some other coaches I got I meet along the way to wish him the best on the upcoming season and each year he responds with a comment on my situation to show he has kept up. Considering I am now a row crop farmer that is pretty incredible. It is no accident that he has great success. He is an excellent coach. Would love to have the next Thad at Wake. Perhaps we should look at some of his disciples.

Coached with Thad's brother for 2 years. Got to know Thad in 2004 when I went up there to coach at his camp at Xavier. No way you can hate Thad. Great guy, great family (was able to share a meal with him, his wife, and his 2 daughters).

I wrote him a note every year along with some other coaches I got I meet along the way to wish him the best on the upcoming season and each year he responds with a comment on my situation to show he has kept up. Considering I am now a row crop farmer that is pretty incredible. It is no accident that he has great success. He is an excellent coach. Would love to have the next Thad at Wake. Perhaps we should look at some of his disciples.

Coached with Thad’s bro...

Prob have insight on this...

Wow. 8 years ago.
My, how the world turns.

I'm texting with RJ. There will most likely be new information about Matta tomorrow, but there's a chance the new information will come out Friday.

Back