• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks Mit

DCDeacon

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
In the past I've seen a number of folks malign Mit in terms of contributing to a program that refused to fire Manning, and backing the AD or Dept when it wasn't doing what fans wanted, and the folks donating big dollars have to step up and stop accepting mediocrity...blah blah blah. However much of that you believe, you're entitled to your opinion.

But truth is, I dunno if we pull in Forbes without the impressive facilities that Mit has made possible. Forbes has only mentioned them about a million times so far. And Mit being willing to step up to make those facilities possible was part of a longer view than just who was the current AD or coach we were suffering through. I think it's given us a chance to pull out of this decade-long rut with a guy has energy and a track record that gives us something we haven't had in...forever. There just hasn't been any energy or optimism around this program is so fucking long. It's been exhausting. I finally put on a Wake bball shirt for the first time in two years.

Anyway, it's bothered me to see folks talk about a classmate, alum, and a good guy in a way I don't think was really that fair. I think he deserves more credit than he's getting for giving us a major selling point to attract a coach like Forbes, and I think Forbes can really use it to go out and get recruits to help build the program back to where it should be.

Thanks Mit.

Incredibly grateful for his contributions, I think most on here realize that. We've had one phoster who gives nothing to the University and has been really critical of Mit, but I sure as hell am glad he's on our side.

Yes! Thanks so much for hanging in and making exceptional contributions on every level. Hopefully you will reap new joys from all you have done and are doing.

In the past I've seen a number of folks malign Mit in terms of contributing to a program that refused to fire Manning, and backing the AD or Dept when it wasn't doing what fans wanted, and the folks donating big dollars have to step up and stop accepting mediocrity...blah blah blah. However much of that you believe, you're entitled to your opinion.

But truth is, I dunno if we pull in Forbes without the impressive facilities that Mit has made possible. Forbes has only mentioned them about a million times so far. And Mit being willing to step up to make those facilities possible was part of a longer view than just who was the current AD or coach we were suffering through. I think it's given us a chance to pull out of this decade-long rut with a guy has energy and a track record that gives us something we haven't had in...forever. There just hasn't been any energy or optimism around this program is so fucking long. It's been exhausting. I finally put on a Wake bball shirt for the first time in two years.

Anyway, it's bothered me to see folks talk about a classmate, alum, and a good guy in a way I don't think was really that fair. I think he deserves more credit than he's getting for giving us a major selling point to attract a coach like Forbes, and I think Forbes can really use it to go out and get recruits to help build the program back to where it should be.

Thanks Mit.

Well stated. Mit is very competitive and wants us to win as much as everyone on this board - maybe even moreso since his name is now attached to the program.

I would like to publicly extend praise for Mit as well. He has given his time and money greatly to our basketball program in particular. He is motivated by doing all we can to win. He moves on when things don't work out the way we would have hoped.

He is truly motivated to have the WF men's basketball team be the best we can be. We need 10 more dudes like Mit. Thanks Mit!

I don't know Mit, haven't met him, but he and a relative small number of other big donors have made a big positive upgrade possible for Wake Forest sports over the last decade or so. Big THANKS, to all of them.

Leaders need to be both optimists and realists. Their vision is beyond the present. Having the vision and conviction that dreams can be achieved and inspiring the power and energy to get it done.

BUMP - This thread is well deserved especially after Mit (and the other major donors) have taken truckloads full of shit over the years from a number of loser keyboard jockeys on this board who don't have the slightest fucking clue what they are talking about.

I'll join the chorus. Thanks, Mit, for all you have done for Wake Forest and Wake Forest Athletics.

BUMP - This thread is well deserved especially after Mit (and the other major donors) have taken truckloads full of shit over the years from a number of loser keyboard jockeys on this board who don't have the slightest fucking clue what they are talking about.

Takes one to know one. How's the Facebook stalking of the sombrero coed going?

Curious. Did Manning ever openly discuss our facility upgrades?

Mit is certainly to be thanked, but the other names on our new facilities have given 10x Mit’s donations. They deserve accolades, as well.

At the ribbon cutting, Wake said Shah had given $10 million to the school. More than half of that specifically for basketball.

Back